Do not boil your underwear in hotel kettles

Do not boil your underwear in hotel kettles

That line is without a doubt going into a song.

6 Likes

It’s to make them feel superior to some class of people that they feel are inferior. Because you can’t be superior without someone or some class of people to laugh at, making up shait is merely a side effect of that…or it could just be a joke and being so tone deaf that they didn’t realize it was insulting a class of people…because HAHAHA rednecks/bogans etc. And you have to have some class to joke about. I mean after it was wrong to tell polish jokes, you gotta find another class of people.

They are just keeping their downunders clean, every good aussie travels with their own kettle for tea of course, anything less would be uncivilized.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s because the linked article is from gizmodo.au, filed under “Australian stories”?

…Just a thought.

6 Likes

Obviously underwear is gross, but what about socks? Asking for a friend.

12 Likes

Well, it does explain the taste of hotel coffee.

5 Likes

Heatstroke and alcohol?

5 Likes

I don’t even have any good jokes for this one; I just need to ask:

8 Likes

Australians are really weird with their tea. I learnt that from Flight of the Conchords.

4 Likes

You boil them in the hotel billy.

7 Likes

As an Australian I can say we would never do this… unless there was no microwave available.

14 Likes

I would think that the difficulty involved with fishing scalding hot underwear out of a kettle vs. just filling a sink with the boiling water would make most people choose the latter solution before even getting started. Then again, this is humanity we’re talking about.

2 Likes

Come on, it’s amazing at clearing up skid marks!

2 Likes

Didn’t Crocodile Dundee do that in the first movie out in the bush because it was a clever utilitarian way of keeping stuff clean, and then later when he got to the fancy hotel and when the lady said I don’t think that’s right he said ‘r’ght, rki ray’ and shot her a grin and she got all weak in the knees and you could tell she was thinking “what am I doing with my current half-man at best boyfriend who would never boil undergarments in teapots!?!” or maybe “why can’t I understand a thing this man is saying!?!”

3 Likes

Just because it’s a brown liquid, it doesn’t mean that it’s tea.

4 Likes

The real reason the swagman offed himself?

Maybe Rob thinks that if no one would admit to doing it, other people are probably doing it.

2 Likes

It’s a thing with tea drinking countries

2 Likes

That’s easy. Just remember the golden rule: always punch up.

Well to be fair, for the Americans, it is.

2 Likes

If you add a teabag I find that you can get away with wearing your underwear for an extra day before they get itchy.

1 Like