Do not miss this anime trailer for Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Now I wanna go re-watch some old Robotech episodes…

3 Likes

Weird, I just watched the BluRay edition last week, and I was waiting for the moment in the Battle of Yavin that Luke sees Biggs killed but it never came. I think I got that Biggs was his cousin from the novelization. I’d seen the deleted scene long ago.

2 Likes

tumblr_n4isipjQ241sv7t4wo1_500

9 Likes

I was just thinking Crusher Joe doesn’t get enough love.

2 Likes

Well, that was awesome! Now I want a classic Star Wars anime so badly…

4 Likes

I’m not even much of an anime fan and I loved this. Good work.

1 Like

That’s super strange, it’s definitely still in there!

1 Like

Nah man, the tie fighter short is from the perspective of the empire; the music and everything has to be distinct from stories viewed from the new republic’s side.

1 Like

O_0 what?

So no Imperial March?

1 Like

DO WANT

4 Likes

I think this is the Imaginary Anime Edition.

2 Likes

Adam Warren did the manga remakes a bit later, not all that much hair editing required when things were working, yay ADR at Cheval Noir. And Vidal Sassoon, I guess.

Yeah, Alex Jones really turned it around becoming a deaf mute voluntarily and trying to advance his ‘clericodomodians’ arc on the merit of the art alone, from Cameroon.

3 Likes

The best part is when the rebel fleet finally unites to form Voltron.

7 Likes

Did it strike with the power of 10,000 exploding suns?

I enjoyed this trailer, and found George Lucas’s dialogue sounded a lot better in Japanese.

The following news story piqued my interest.

After all, these are monstrously powerful bursts of energy from a Galaxy, far, far away and a long, long time ago (3 billion light years - that like 1 billion parsecs). I’m thinking that we are witnessing the resurgence of the Empire with its fleets of Super Death Stars.

3 Likes

Nope, that’s New Republic propaganda.

1 Like

Look, I’ll be the first to agree that the movies are full of Rebel propaganda. Like they show ONE Ewok die when HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of Ewoks were slaughtered. But the Imperial March is the correct, patriotic song.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe there is not at least one pre-existing Japanese word for “the Force” — I mean, given that Star Wars was inspired in the first place by George Lucas’s encounters with Japanese media, and given that Yoda is basically Frank Oz reading a book about Taoism into a microphone — but the dialog just says Fôsu or something.

Star Wars had multiple influences, but I think the strongest were the sci-fi adventure serials like Buck Rogers (though Kurosawa’s films were definitely a major inspiration too). By some accounts Lucas’ first plan was actually to do a Buck Rogers remake but couldn’t secure the rights.

2 Likes

If you watch the original Japanese version of Space Battleship Yamato — from 1974 — you can tell which episodes he saw, and in what order :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure that was a big one too.

I’m still sticking with Buck Rogers as influence number one though:

scroll