Do not want: party decoration / cigarette dispenser

Smoking is terrible for you, but it does make the baby stop screaming for a little while.

1 Like

how to make a cigarette dispenser

What? Oh, no, my friends, don’t be silly, it’s an Automatic Match-Lighter. Why is everyone focusing on the cigarettes? You’re ignoring the best part! The cigarettes are really just counter-weights that keep the matches in position until you pull them through the magic tubes that set them alight! :smiley:

1 Like

a party with smokes and coke? now that’s a party! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, you seem to have missed the point, nowhere do I say, nor did I mean to imply, that adults smoke because they think it’s cool to be seen with a cigarette. But 99% of the people I know who smoke all started when they were teens, and invariably they wanted to be cool or rebellious or seem more mature, not because the smoke was enjoyable of itself. Once you’re addicted the image is moot. Maybe you’re one of the outliers here, but seriously, when did you start smoking, why did you start smoking, and what was enjoyable about it that first time?

I’m not posturing by laying it all bare, smoking is what it is. Whether the benefit you think smoking provides outweighs the cost to your health, your wallet, your time and convenience is entirely for you to decide.

1 Like

Well, your friends are a perfect cross section of humanity, and not reflective of your own choices at all, naturally.

Clearly, posturing is something you just cannot stand. Them them them.

1 Like

Apparently I touched a nerve. Sorry about that.

Have a smoke and relax.

I’ll choose my own toxins over that kind of toxicity - any day. I don’t shove smokes in your mouth, so keep your posture and toxic projection to yourself, k? Fair deal?

You be that toxic in the privacy of yiour own house, and keep downwind of me. It’s the least you could do. It’s an oppressive atmosphere such posturing as yours, here, creates.

Just be another damn redshirt son. Then you wont think other people are posturing quite so much… Soon as you quit.

You are reading a lot into my comments; it’s not like I demanded you or anyone else stop smoking (in fact I said it’s your choice.)

Again, smoking is what it is, and pointing out the reality is neither “toxicity” nor posturing. You may as well say reality is oppressing you.

You’re declaring a lot of things about a habit of mine.

Maybe you’ve paid it forward and collected your due?

No, you simply assasinated the character of a group of people, and set yourself above them. What a dick move. You’re not special, friend.

Speak to an equal, be spoken to as an equal. Simple, really.

Everyone occasionally makes unwise choices in life, pointing that out isn’t exactly “character assassination.”

Hey, I’ve made my own mistakes, but I’m also not about to defend those mistakes if someone brings them up. Every single one of my friends who smokes has either given up or is still trying, and they openly admit their error and wish they’d never started. I could very well have gone down that same road, I’m not ashamed I didn’t. It’s undeniable that my health and bank account are better for it, but I was just lucky, not inherently superior.

I ask again, and consider this our last communication for some time.

“Do you now attack me for not conforming to your reality, or reconsider your statement as less absolute? Your call!”

I see your choice. Please stop talking to me.

Apparently smoking causes cancer and emphysema only in “my reality.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.