"Do you go camping or play paintball?" and 47 other questions from the FBI's secret terrorist-detection questionnaire

Same. I mean c’mon what a ripoff. I wanted to see how many double secret lists I qualify for.

Edit: Can’t let the non-WASPs have all the fun.

5 Likes

FBI: If some new buddies of yours took you camping and in the middle of the night had their way with you against your will, would you say anything?
Detainee: What … what is going on here? What kinda question is that?
FBI: Just answer the question, sir.
Detainee: I guess. Probably not, no.
FBI: Wanna go camping with us?

3 Likes

I just went on a cub scout campout with my kids over the weekend. In addition to the BB gun range we also launched model rockets, so along with the weapons charges I guess now I’m probably on a list somewhere for training 6-year-olds to initiate missile strikes.

7 Likes

Damn, they probably know about my Parks Canada free pass for this year!

5 Likes

Hold up, slow down. That sounds interesting, but we really have to negotiate the scene first …

3 Likes

Other questions are far more subjective

7 Likes

I think many of the posters in this thread are way overreacting.

The questions being highlighted are dual-nature–could be perfectly innocent, could be preparation for an attack. If you don’t hit on the other questions your score is going to be quite low. A few stray answers aren’t going to make you look guilty.

Looking back almost 30 years ago I married a foreigner and so we went through the whole green card circus for her. Being childfree and age-different this of course made them suspect fraud. We got that life trivia interview (for those who don’t know it–they ask you a bunch of trivia about day-to-day life. The trivial nature of the questions makes it very hard for a fraudster to prepare) and we are aware of two questions we definitely missed. ("What brand of TV do you have? I told them what we had but that her answer would be “I don’t know” but he refused to accept that. Her interviewer wasn’t happy with her “I don’t know” answer. Also, I was asked “what does she usually wear at night”, she was asked “what did you wear last night”. Oops–we were coming in from out of town and stayed over at my parents the night before the interview.) Despite that the change in their attitude was obvious–they went into it sure they had found fraud and came out realizing we are a real couple.

That being said, the camping question should be revised. Back before my allergies became too big a problem I used to camp at times–but I had no desire to camp. Rather, I did it because I wanted to go places farther from the trail head than a day hike. It was a means to an end, not a goal.

3 Likes

What exactly were those questions framed to ascertain, though? That someone who wanted to enter the country and who had a functional visa sponsor (you) might be being less than honest about their motives? What difference would it make if that were actually the case, as long as your details were on record? Why can a corporation say that they need a person to be in any given country but an individual can’t?

It’s been years since I’ve been camping and I’ve never played paintball but they lost me at “Would you join a club that would have someone like you as a member?”

8 Likes

It figures that they would screen for Marxism.

8 Likes

They don’t show the check-boxes at the bottom of the page in the “for office use only” section…

5 Likes

Yeah, orange is definitely not okay.

2 Likes

Nah, you’re a white guy, right? According to the trumpkins, it’s not logically possible for you to be a terrorist.

4 Likes

I dunno, the FBI was poking around my old paintball field near Ft Riley after the OKC bombing.

3 Likes

The idea that statistical methods can profile a behavior in which um, about 5000 out of 7,000,000,000 people are engaged in is fucked from go. Good luck finding your 0.000008 percenters.

4 Likes

Maybe you guys have this all wrong. Terrorists are people who DON’T camp or paintball. They whitewater raft while paintballing.

X-TREME VETTING IN ACTION!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.