Do you rebel in small ways?

Fucking airplanes, I’ve spent the last two weeks with a screwed-up ear because the bastards are stingy with the air pressure… driving me nuts.

Makes me think pressurised earmuffs need to be a thing.

/OT

2 Likes

Feels more rebellious than it probably is: we bought a new car yesterday. With cash. We’d been planning this for awhile, so it’s not like we just ran out with wads of money on the spur of the moment or anything.

So now we have a brand-new electric Leaf! Neither of us has bought any car for at least 15 years, let alone a new one.

12 Likes

Good thing you didn’t drive through a hick town with all that cash on you…

5 Likes

Well, when I say “cash” I mean “a cashier’s check”. And the dealership is a mile from my house so we didn’t have far to go. But not having to do the financing-and-payments dance was the exciting part.

Mr. Bells, who hates all things car-related, is so delighted by this vehicle he got up twice in the night to check on how it was charging in the garage.

14 Likes

When I’m in Las Vegas, I refuse to gamble.

(I did play the dollar slots in Laughlin once, and I won $2 on the first pull. I immediately cashed it in because I wasn’t going to let the house win.:smiling_imp:)

14 Likes

Ahhh, deary me. I’m regularly getting spam phone calls now where someone wants to “verify” my credit card information, and about five minutes ago, the most recent spammer (and according to him, the “floor boss”!) hung up on me, after telling me I was a “fucking asshole” after having tied up one of his subordinates in an argument about whether guacamole contains squid ink or not (the subordinate was not of a clear opinion on the matter, whereas I was very much in the “Guac contains Squid Ink” group).

Given that I do this with just about every spam phone call I get, I’m a little surprised they still bother.

24 Likes

Sometimes when I’m talking about people who are white, I call them white. “Well, like my white friend Sue said,” or “That white bus driver sure is nice to people!” or “The white director of that movie deserves an Oscar! What’s his name again?” or “Look at that white guy, he rolled right through that stop sign!” (Please do go ahead and figure out which rule I’m breaking.)

19 Likes

I always use Bing maps in Chrome and Google maps in Internet Explorer.

14 Likes

I encourage people to mute ads at every opportunity.

And furthermore, to get off the telly and on the net, where you can use an ad blocker.

9 Likes

Oh, and if you listen to the radio, 3RRR.

2 Likes

You beat me to it!

And if I’m ever forced to view or listen to an ad, I do my best each time to mute it or otherwise turn away. If I can’t, I feel a little dirtier afterwards (which can make visiting anyone’s house where the TV or commercial radio is blaring away torture).

6 Likes

Yeah I’d become very focused on that too!

1 Like

I told him last night he should name his car “Wife #4” (he was married twice before he met me).

4 Likes

I didn’t like being called husband #4, so my wife told me I could be #1 in the second trilogy.

13 Likes

I used Duck Duck Go and NOT Google.

7 Likes

Is that better? Do you know who #2 and #3 are?

Nope. But the marriage ended five years ago. No word on #2 / #5 yet.

I use Duck Duck Go TO Google.

7 Likes

Google hates it when you say that. Nice one! :smiley:

7 Likes

Rebel!

1 Like