Things that have been mildly vandalized

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/16/things-that-have-been-mildly-v.html

16 Likes

A local service station had a large white tank near the side of the road with a single word on it: PROPANE. For years, I wanted to slap a little bit of white duct tape on it, turning it into PROFANE.

22 Likes

I have a compulsion to white-out all Liquid Paper vials I come across to read “Liquid ape.”

Also, used to be with fancy cars with the sticking-up hood ornaments like BMW, Mercedes etc, you could twist the ornament 90 degrees and it would stay that way due to a rubber band inside. I would do this to every car I came across. One time a yuppie owner saw me and got enraged. I told him I was improving the aerodynamics.

19 Likes

There’s a village near me called Shilbottle and whenever the black tape from that crosses the first l is removed someone invariably puts it back

The best variation on this I’ve seen is changing Hutton Roof, a village in Cumbria, to Button Moon, an 80s kids TV show

16 Likes

19 Likes

Decades ago, when the yellow “I Found It” bumper stickers were showing up everywhere, someone showed how easy it was to change the “F” to a “P”. First time I saw it I blurted coffee out my nose…

17 Likes

Makes me think of . . .

13 Likes

Bastards!

Oh yeah, the Public Radio bumper stickers that say “Go Public” in white text on black? You just have to black out the “l”

7 Likes

z814

18 Likes

For years some wag in our town defaced this “Colonies” sign to read “Colonics”:

(crummy photo but you get the idea)

20 Likes

This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put!

/s

Carry on! I admire brilliant and subversive public communication.

6 Likes

I think some posters don’t seem to grasp the intricacies of mild vandalism, but the ones who do…precious.

Sani-Cloth. :laughing:

5 Likes

giphy - 2019-12-16T114826.231

39 Likes

I have long wanted to change “No Trespassing” signs to “No Traipsing” .

8 Likes

24 Likes

Heh. I know the very sign. Can confirm. Everyone calls it Shitbottle and always has.

11 Likes

A local giggle near me in the eighties was a building called One Canal Place that was regularly modified to read One anal ace.

14 Likes

When I was a kid there was some guy named “Dick Bran” running for supervisor or state assembly or something in Sonoma County. Someone added a strategically placed “i” to all of his campaign signs along highway 101, which 13-year-old me thought was hilarious.

6 Likes

Push Butt
Rub hand gently under arm
stop auto at ally

11 Likes

That’s a classic

5 Likes