Doctor who admitted prescribing hair loss drugs to Trump has office raided by thugs

Phew, I’m not the only person who read the headline that way.

3 Likes

He also wrote ‘Showgirls’.

2 Likes

"raped, frightened and sad"

Now he knows how the entire country feels.

9 Likes

Exact quote:

If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,

I had to look up:

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like it was the case. Or at least they had no paperwork proving that was the case. (Which seems par for the course when it comes to Trump and his people.)
I’m thinking that this doctor was popular largely because he handed out prescriptions without too much fuss or questions, so professional ethics don’t play much of a role in his operation.

3 Likes

It’s interesting, like the CNN header of the moment says, that the two doctors who have given trump great bills of health no longer are trump’s doctors.

5 Likes

As far as I can tell in NY state doctors are required to retain medical records for at least 6 years; I can’t see any provision that allows for a patient to request their medical records removed. A patient can request the records ammended or a copy of the records, but not removal.

The things I find super odd here is that he only had paper records, no physical ones and no backup copies (putting him at big risk of violating NY law if his office was burgled or some other loss of the paper records happened), I can’t see if he contacted the authorities after this happened (but that may have been the case and just glossed over), and why he would not do more to protect the records (like calling the cops right then). I’m just really damned confused on what’s going on here.

4 Likes

I concur that the doctor’s comments were an HIPPA violation. All the same the Trumpkins were phenomenally stupid to stage a raid to recover Il Duce’s records. If they’d just ignored the doc’s revelation, in a few days the story would have been buried in the endless blizzard of pro- and anti-Trump stories. Now it will gain legs. The Big Man simply can’t let go of the slightest challenge to his fragile masculinity. He doesn’t need a hair restorer, he needs a skin thickener.

3 Likes

These studies which are discussed below reveal that sexual adverse effects occur at the rates of 2.1% to 3.8%, erectile dysfunction (ED) being the commonest followed by ejaculatory dysfunction and loss of libido.

1 Like

Seconded. This is theft whether they had a release or not. The patient has the right to a copy of their records (in almost all cases). They do not have the right to have their record destroyed or to take the only copy of a paper record - the provider/facility owns their records. I’m frankly surprised that this office is still using paper.

Not having access to the record of a patient/former patient is troubling to a provider for a number of reasons. He will find it much harder to defend himself in a malpractice suit, can’t respond to a drug recall, etc.

Not that I’m defending this doctor - the letter he “wrote” and signed was way outside the norm and his disclosure of details of Trump’s care is unethical and a clear violation of HIPAA. Trump would have a case, and those payouts can be big.

8 Likes

They take metaphorical rape so much more seriously than literal rape.

4 Likes

Years from now, when Trump’s ‘universe’ is at an end and fully out there for the pickings and fodder for books, TV, and films, writers will say what they have never said before: “Way too much juicy material to work with! Too much!”

2 Likes

Edited after failed edit. Long day.

Thirded. [USofA] The medical records belong to the entity legally responsible for them. Not the patient. The patient can request copies, cannot purge originals.

1 Like

Yep!!

NY state law allows patient access to see his/her own records, to makes copies of said records, but not run off with the physician’s records.

3 Likes

And on top of everything else, there’s too much shit on his desktop.

1 Like

He clearly knows how to keep his hair looking luxurious into his middle years though…

2 Likes

Hiya
As someone who works in the field - the notion of having one’s medical records all in one place - ie in a paper chart or EMR - is not accurate. Fact is - yours and my health data is spread across a wide web of disparate systems - be it lab, diagnostic imaging, hospital records etc.

The good Dr Bornstein merely would have had copies of a portion of the total record. So - not a total loss - 25 yrs from now when curious people decide to dig some shit up.

4 Likes

I doubt all this is about some hair medication. I wonder what was in those medical records that actually concerned Trump?

4 Likes

Really? I never knew that.

The FBI has something else to investigate. This is a the commission of a crime. It’s burglary. The president knew and ordered it. If he wanted his records all he had to do was ask. When he sent thugs and physically threatened the doctor the president committed burglary.

1 Like