Doctor Who’s Christopher Eccleston speaks about onscreen inequality

Hahaha. Okay. I get it now. I do think it depends on what angle they are coming from and @Mister44 explained that well in his reply to me, and I agree with him. I do think that just doing something for the sake of historical accuracy can be sort of pointless or even offensive – take a lot of the Civil War recreations. Sometimes I just shake my head. But some of them can be really great, even ones that take care to be very historically accurate. It can indeed start some really great discussions or, in the case of the photo you shared, remind us how utterly ridiculous such rules were/are.

I really appreciate Mister’s reply.

And this photo. It’s hilarious. This made my morning.

Glad you likes it. On a side note, Mark Rylance (Olivia), is currently playing Thomas Cromwell in Wolf Hall. Shaping up to be an excellent series.

I’ll second that!

I wasn’t very impressed with the book, to be honest. Even if it won the Booker prize.

I read that Rylance is one of those actors with a “Greatest of his Generation” tag - then the next thing I heard was he was in some crappy looking Sean Penn thriller.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.