Doctor Who's Daleks are getting their own cartoon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/09/doctor-whos-daleks-are-getti.html

9 Likes

AN - I - MATE!!

26 Likes

At long last we will have the true function of that toilet plunger manipulator demonstrated.

4 Likes

Oh, we’ve already seen that.

10 Likes

And jets! (or antigrav, or levitators or whatever it was that they do now!)

5 Likes

It looks like it will have top 1999’s level of computer animation. Cool.

2 Likes

Daleks should NEVER be the ‘heroes’ of any storyline. They are ALWAYS the villains. This new series sounds suspiciously like the viewer is supposed to side with the Daleks. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

9 Likes

That’s akin to something like The New Adventures of Adolf Hitler. Why would anybody want to watch that?

1 Like
7 Likes

Hitler AND Morrissey? Fucking hell, that’s a step too far!

9 Likes

There are much worse villains today. As of today, if I see a cop around, I surely call the Daleks!

2 Likes

Few people know about Dalek Opera

Mostly because the audience gets exterminated after each performance.

10 Likes

I can’t prove it, but I suspect Steve Mnuchin is getting back in the producing/financing game. It would explain this take on the Daleks.

3 Likes

I, for one, look forward to “Dalek Babies” on BBCKids. Watch as they laugh, learn, and annihilate those damn kids who keep hogging the swings.

9 Likes

Rabbids didn’t have protagonists much, and that went 4-5 seasons of 10 dual eps. Clearly there’s a hidden cache of actors who can gargle and freerhyme that want to bring it up/down a notch?
It’s in your face
but you can’t grab it.
You dominate
but you’ve de-rezzed it.
Have a fine cuppa re-classed s(((.
Rust std::array::Cow never sizeOf() lasted
that Dalek we colored plastic.

3 Likes

Yeah, just swished around in the toilet and given a few shakes before putting it back in the holder. Judging by the expression on that guy’s face. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think every Doctor Who comic book and annual since the 60s has had standalone “The Daleks” comics, where they were the “heroes”. The comics even used the same logo as the cartoon. The cartoon is just continuing a long and rich tradition!

3 Likes

That does not make it right. :wink:

Can’t wait for the Christmas Special.

2 Likes

Having watched the rise of “ironic” fascists and tankies over the last 10 years, I know who the fanbase will be. It might not be the intended fanbase, but it is the one they will get.

I feel like we are only a few years away from Storm Saxon (the racist television series from the V for Vendetta comics) getting the green light.

6 Likes