Does Marilyn Monroe’s stuffing recipe still hold up?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/28/does-marilyn-monroes-stuffi.html

3 Likes

Emily Dickinson’s Black Cake is pretty good.

I can attest that Dean Martin’s Burger recipe still holds up…

1 Like

The Hemingway Daiquiri holds up just fine.

1 Like

Is the Hemingway Daiquiri an Ernest recipe?

If you’re still able to remain upright afterward you didn’t use enough rum.

2 Likes

"It was not until the 1930’s when the Daiquiri started to really step into the limelight, courtesy of two of the biggest writers of the era. Very little is said about F. Scott Fitzgerald as it relates to the cocktail. He was the first to put it one of his novels; it had a brief cameo in This Side of Paradise, written in 1920. Volumes have been written about the other author most associated with the Daiquiri, Ernest Hemingway. He had a profound impact on not only the popularity of the cocktail, but even created his own variation on it. The Hemingway Daiquiri, or Papa Doble, was a variation of the Daiquiri he worked out while drinking at El Floridita. Hemingway was a diabetic, and the sugar did not agree with his system. To maintain the sweetness,

he added grapefruit juice and maraschino liqueur. He also doubled the amount of rum in the cocktail (thus adding the doble to the name). He became linked to Cuba, and to the cocktails there. He even wrote on the wall of La Bodeguita del Medio “My mojito in La Bodeguita, My Daiquiri in El Floridita.” Hemingway and his thirst for alcohol made a few bars, and bartenders, famous in Cuba."

Hemingway Daiquiri

3 oz./90 ml of White rum
1 oz./30 ml of Lime juice
.5 oz/ 15 ml of Grapefruit juice
.25 oz/ 8 ml of Maraschino liqueur

via alcoholprofessor

2 Likes

Only 2 oz. of bourbon?

1 Like

Wow, is it just me, or was this way above the usual production quality buzzfeed puts out?
I really enjoyed this. Hats off.

That’s part of the meal. I’m sure you want a drink to go with it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.