Does nicotine prevent coronavirus? Researchers in France (of course) plan trial

As an ex-smoker I’d rather catch the virus than be a slave to that terrible habit. .

2 Likes

Oh Mindysan, I would love a french lucky strike, a german beer and to argue with a room full of smokers about anything or nothing. ah those were the days.

2 Likes

as an ex smoker, I’d rather smoking just be not bad for one’s health and be able to go back to it. Am I the only ex smoker who misses it?

4 Likes

I did make a lot of friends in the smoking areas, that was kind of a positive thing about it. I don’t miss the addiction. It was horrible going without it for a length of time, my brain would go in panic mode. I’d start concocting a strategy to get my fix, and sometimes that would lead me scavenging nasty cigarette butts from the ashtray. No thanks, it’s been almost a decade and I’m very happy about giving it up.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the first one, and the other two are probably worth checking, I guess, for the people who like sex.

2 Likes

That never really happened to me. It’s different for everyone. I definitely got the addiction but replacement therapy was always my goto when I got the hankering. I didn’t focus on needing the nicotine. I’d have a little weed, maybe some gummy bears, and (for me) it went away. Also sex. That really hit the need for a fix.

Even still … I just wish the fucking tobacco companies would spend their infinite money on R&D … make a cigarette that doesn’t give you lung cancer, or cure lung cancer. These people with their god damned capitalist pig fucker nonsense, and their yachts. I will never understand greed. Spend the money on bettering the planet.

Nicotine is a naturally occurring poison that … feels so good. :slight_smile: Never try it in its current form(s)!!!

1 Like

any data set has outliers. Glad you survived. Please try to donate plasma. My local university is looking for survivors to donate plasma for testing, I’m sure yours is too.

Vaping or Topical?

1 Like

H2O is a poison in excessive amounts. I’m very aware that the nicotine itself in low doses, like in cigarettes, isn’t that much of a problem, it’s kind of like caffeine, but it’s all the carcinogenic rubbish that’s part of the delivery that ends up causing all the problems. Anyhow, personally, I don’t like being addicted to anything, it’s a realization that took years to develop. I was hoping that vaping being a way out of smoking, but I think it’s going to take a long time to see what the long-term consequence of inhaling those substances are going to be.

3 Likes

Apparently, according to other posters, France did finally ban indoor smoking in 2007. I haven’t been there since then. Good for them. They are getting it. But in the 1990s and early 2000s when I was there regularly, the number of smokers I’d encounter was absurdly high. And I was born in 1970 in America and grew up with lots of smokers (including my parents who smoked until the early 1980s).

1 Like

Lozenges. Vaping is for insane people. Inhaling steamed glue.

Nicotine is a summa, hard hard hard to kick.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.