Does the N-1 Starfighter strike you as a odd choice for the Mandalorian?

It is a horribly choice for a bounty hunter. It is a great choice for exciting space battles.

There literally is no space for live bounties. I guess if all you need to bring back is a head, then it has room.

Also, while screen time hyperspace travel is instantaneous, hyperspace travel can take days or weeks to get somewhere. That would suuucckkk.

What they need to do is get a larger cargo craft retrofitted with armaments, and be able to dock the fighter like the Bebop and Swordfish II (along with the Hammer Head and Red Tail) But then he’d need to get an actual crew. Or maybe a pilot droid.

6 Likes

I hate it, but that’s only because I really loved the Razor Crest and how it perfectly hit all the best things about Star Wars ship design while remaining original. Seeing it die hurt my soul, especially considering I’d JUST finished my Razor Crest lego set.

11 Likes

The movie universe only mentions fuel once, but fuel was central to many Rebels episodes.

3 Likes

A buddy’s 11-year-old son was FURIOUS when they blew up the Razor Crest. He had bonded strongly with that ship. Almost put him off the series entirely.

5 Likes

My guess is they keep him pre-verbal until the very last episode of the series. Then he recites the oath and gets his helmet. They probably want to wait until the last minute as to not cover his overwhelmingly adorable face.

1 Like

“Hey Bob, have you figured out how the helmet will work with Grogu’s ears yet?”
“No…everything I try looks ridiculous. :sob:
“It’s ok, we’ve got a couple more plots we can use before he starts talking. Keep at it, though.”

5 Likes

didn’t he have to shutdown the life support?

anyway, things in space will keep going till they run into something. aim at a planet, and you’re good to go. ( stopping is more the problem )

4 Likes

They eventually established in the Solo movie that hyperfuel is really, really dense. Like, “you can fit enough to fuel an entire fleet in a container the size of a steamer trunk” dense. So the limiting factor for any given ship’s fuel capacity would be how much was required for sub-lightspeed travel.

5 Likes

Before that movie I always figured that the ships were powered by magic crystals as implied in Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

vlcsnap-2015-12-15-21h04m09s948

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure toymakers are working round the clock to come up with the cutest possible version of a Grogu helmet.

1 Like

I would not be surprised if they have a different idea for Grogu and helmets in general.
Old Mandolorian is destroyed and it looks like we will get a new society, maybe with new rules?
Pedro hates the helmet. I think most actors would. I wonder if Sackhoff would have joined if she was always wearing a helmet.
Bo is on the fence about helmets
Grogu could be a Jedi Mando hybrid that isn’t required to wear the helmet, and his path looks to be much greater than helmet rules anyway.
Everyone on set wearing a helmet is not great emotional story telling.
Breaking the “way” with helmets would be standard story telling arc, but of course Disney is going to infuriate the Mando devotees that likely appreciate the devotion.
Having a choice to wear it or not is very contemporary and would cause new stories.

Keep your helmet on or we will kick you out? What kind of vindictive bullshit is that?

1 Like

She’s been this character since the character was introduced in Clone Wars, I think she knew what she was getting into.

2 Likes

Adding to Luke’s X-Wing: in the EU canon he was flying around in his X-Wing alot. I think Mara Jade was similar with her Headhunter.

There is a seemingly a lot of people travelling long distances in fighters.

3 Likes

And yet she wasn’t wearing a helmet through a lot of the Mando series.

Woops, I assumed she would have been helmeted in the clone wars.

2 Likes

true. but it’s much cheaper on the cg budget.

hmmm… you know, the creed doesn’t say people can’t see your face, it only says you can’t take the helmet off. so how about: windows? or visors?

Darth Vader Power GIF by Laff

4 Likes

I haven’t watched The Mandalorian yet, and I do a lot of math for work. I read “N-1” and in my head it was pronounced “N minus one”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not to mention the makeup budget.

3 Likes

Well that explains it! Thanks!

2 Likes

Mandalorian this season has been a slow burn – this week’s episode seems like the tipping point. big shit’s coming, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Coming next week, they all get real estate licenses! This is the way, over here is the driveway!

3 Likes