Dog alone in car uses horn

@wadevondoom quoted “Only the Good Die Young.”

2 Likes

Ugh. Billy Joel. Bad 1978 flashback.

1 Like

Not that entire year, I hope?

*lolz

1 Like

No, I just remember that every time you’d turn on the radio you’d hear it. This seemed to be the moment in music history in which some established musicians turned one way when they really should’ve gone the other way.

What way should BJ and other established musician have gone, then; in your opinion?

(Forgive my ignorance, but in my own defense, I was only three years old at the time…)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, I was never a fan of Billy Joel, but his music became more pop from this point on. He made the decision to appeal to the masses, as everyone from 14 to 40 bought his records. Elton John did go pop a year or two before and Rod Stewart went pop about the same time as Joel.

I would say this year was pivotal for me because I have a striking recollection of an argument breaking out between two dudes during my high school art class that actually came to blows over this very issue.

Fortunately, I had The Clash, The Police, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, and David Bowie (who skirted the edge of pop in the 80’s) to stay the straight and narrow.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Damn, that’s some serious fandom, right there.

*lolz

Personally I have some classic rock & roll in my own musical up-bringing; Queen, groups like Foghat, and Van Halen, respectively.

But mostly I was immersed in what was being played in my surrounding environment, lots of Motown and funk in my formative years; later on, pop and hip-hop.

1 Like

I should’ve given some props to Queen!:relaxed: Was a wee one during Motown (had 45s of the Supremes and Jackson-5), so they have a special place in my heart. So do Abba and some early disco/Philadelphia Sound. Even Boston and early Foreigner make me a bit nostalgic.

I did watch that documentary about Billy Joel playing the U.S.S.R. and I felt a bit of whimsy, if truth be told. I don’t think he’s terrible; in fact, he’s an excellent lyricist. It’s just that I prefer other music from this time period.

1 Like

we didn’t have cat memes to calm the masses then.

1 Like

Understood, and respected.

Also, I have a soft spot for Abba, though I dont usually admit to it in public.

*lolz

Cat memes have a calming effect?

Who knew?

1 Like

Admitting it is the first step :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hear they are legion, and something about expecting them?

2 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.