Dog digs up dope-filled geocache in backyard

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/21/dog-digs-up-dope-filled-geocac.html

2 Likes

geo-stash?

11 Likes

People like this ruin it for everyone.:frowning_face:

For those who don’t know, if you take something from a geocache you would have to replace it with something of equal or greater value.

14 Likes

Nice dog, stupid heroin dealer.

2 Likes

I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it hadn’t been for that meddling dog and those pesky kids!

10 Likes

Sales of GPS-capable phones to tweakers have spiked and the interest in geocaching is suddenly at an all time, errm, high.

1 Like

I’m sure Sanford Mfg Co. appreciates free advertising, but through one of its pens being used for scale against heroin?

Many furrowed brows at Sanford. Many furrowed brows.

If this happened to me, I’d call an attorney for advice before contacting law enforcement.

Having an attorney present might make an officer who’s having a bad day think twice about arresting me for possession just for his/her own shits and giggles.

2 Likes

“Dog digs up horse.”

11 Likes

One of the only thing a dog produces is of equal value to those contents.

3 Likes

For the first few months of Geocaching, they actually called it Geo-stashing. But someone pointed out it had a connotation of a drug stash. So, yeah.

I’ve found a couple of joints in geocaches here and there – and once a small jelly jar pretty much packed with the stuff – I dunno 1/2 ounce?

4 Likes

Yes, quite!

Mildley interesting related thing, if you watch the latest user submitted images on Imgur.com you’ll see a lot of cell phone photos with red circles around otherwise innocuous points, The assumption is this is people sharing the location of drug dead drops.

1 Like

It amazes me that anyone would trust a cop. Ever. For any reason.

1 Like

…or else the Cache will claim its due, sometimes from the summoner’s own body parts.

7 Likes

Ugh, what a narc!

For those of us not too current on the street price of black tar heroin, how much is this worth? I assume that 15 oz is quite a bit, but what do I know?

1 Like

Depends. It’s worth nothing to me.

Yes, they should have used a syringe.

1 Like

“Welcome to the ASPCA. Thank you for surrendering your unwanted pet for adoption, instead of just abusing or abandoning them. I am sure we can place this guy into a loving home. We just need you to fill out this paper work.”

“Reason for surrender of pet: He’s a fucking NARC!”

1 Like