Dog does not want bath

Completely adorable. My dog is 11. She always hated baths until I got a tub mat and gave her a shower instead. Quicker, easier and way easier to clean.

6 Likes

The problem with the house in the vid (from what is shown) is that it has a tiny yard. I had lots of dogs when growing up (including Huskies, Samoyeds & other dogs bigger than those in the Vid) but we had a big yard with lake Ontario at the end and a huge swamp 2 yards over. Those dogs need to run and cooping them up like that…

When, as an adult I moved to living in a City I refused to lobotomize any animals by leaving them with little distractions most of the week. I love Dogs (and some cats) but having seen what happens to animals when they are put into spaces too small for them just makes me sad.

1 Like

Our late Elliot hated being bathed. He got better about it as he grew up, but the first few times were especially fraught. He jumped around and screamed like he was being beaten, once so loudly a neighbor came over to find out what was wrong. She LHAO when she saw us in our front yard washing him.

He was fine once the water was off. We’d get most of the water out of his coat with beach towels, which he enjoyed. We’d tell him, “Okay!” when we were done, and he’d take off tearing around the yard in big circles as fast as he could. Then he’d drop and roll and roll and cutely squiggle around on his back to ahem fur-ther dry himself, and nap in the sunshine.

It would be great if we could have warm water through our hose - it would have made all our dogs much happier.

1 Like

I tend to feel bad for dogs bred for the Arctic that have to live in warm climates.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, especially for larger doggos!

1 Like

Like with plants, the user error rate is drastically inflated because most humans fail to consider native environment and I am still waiting to read a book about our beloved K9’s that has a map of the globe. I tried, you have to know so you know so you know how to look, you know? Any human or AI read a book on dogs that addressed native environment? Message me and I will too, please!?

Good times

1 Like

Crawl is a terrible stroke for learning how to swim. Get the kids doggy paddling around, then teach 'em the breast stroke. Once they’re confidently scooting around in the breast, then you hit em with the crawl or a butterfly or whatever.

2 Likes

Just a couple of words: Walk-in shower.

3 Likes

A Martingale collar is much better and safer. It has a loop of chain that goes through 2 D-rings on the end of a normal width fabric collar. You can’t put it on the wrong way and strangle your dog and it doesn’t dig into their windpipe. They still get the chain sound when you tug but it won’t injure them or grind their coat away.

1 Like

A harness would work equally well. I’ve never used a Martingale collar, and I strongly suspect it would have no significant effect on either of my dogs. If you have the dog in a harness, you can just lift him into the bath. You may need two pairs of hands to act as fielders, once the dog is in.
Oh, I can see a vertical market. A bathroom crane, suitable for lifting your dog, or infirm relatives, in and out of the bath…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.