Dog enjoys leaping into large pile of leaves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/17/dog-enjoys-leaping-into-large.html

7 Likes

Can I just add: “Running and spinning in snow in Batman pajamas”?

15 Likes

Pokey has become lazy in oldage, and grumpy.

He’d probably bark or poke me until I leaped into a pile of leaves.

His idea of playing ball in recent years is him lying on the couch and pushing the ball off, so I can retrieve it.

And while I admit it wasn’t so great last year when I was in the hospital, he is now quite insistent that we get out, pokey me and thumping his paw. “You had enough of a vacation”, though I guess it really means I was unreliable so he’s still not sure we’ll get out to sniff and look for garbage and meet other dogs.

4 Likes

this made my day yesterday significantly better. i had no problem watching it again today.

13 Likes

This is what the world needs right now.

Also reminds me of a joke…
What do you call a person with no arms and no legs who is hiding in a pile of leaves?
Russell

I’ll see myself out now…

7 Likes

One happy dog.

Next – jumping in puddles.

3 Likes

The wagging tail really makes it.

7 Likes

Don’t know if it’s stupidity or trust, but jumping into a pile of leaves assuming it’s leaves all the way down can at some point have a bad ending. I hope she only jumps into approved piles.

4 Likes

I’d thought of that, not so safe if there are branches in there.

But I’m thinking some of it is staged, it seemed to be the same pile in most of the shots.

1 Like

It makes me think of my sister’s old dog - get near any body of water other than a bathtub, and *SPLASH!* she was in.

4 Likes

I like the part where she jumped into the leaves.

7 Likes

This is pure meme material.

“Imma hit that like Stella hits a pile of leaves”

2 Likes

This is especially impressive when you have dogs doing it year round. As long as the water isn’t hard it’s warm enough for a bath. It’s not so fun when the ice is so thin they fall in and you have to try to get them out.

2 Likes

Nah - the run-up is where it’s at, man! It’s all about the run-up.

2 Likes

Kind of sad that the YouTube comments have to be turned off for a video of a dog jumping into a pile of leaves.

2 Likes

It’s hard to resist,. It makes me wonder if there’s a gene for leaf diving.

1 Like

Man, despite the ASMR quality to this, I really wish I could be that dog!

2 Likes

It is the periscope tail wagging that does it for me.

3 Likes

It is the international signal for “Happy”.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize

5 Likes