Watch these joyful dogs run up a tree and leap off it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/07/watch-these-joyful-dogs-run-up.html

12 Likes
8 Likes

FREE BEER!

I have spoken.

7 Likes

Awwwwwww. This is a wonderful thing👍

15 Likes

Dogs are amazing. I will add, their ball is stuck in the tree and that dog’s trying to get it down. It’s on a strap— you can see it if you look for it. But I mean, mad skills.

17 Likes
22 Likes

Given the height of their leaps, can we agree this is a valid case for using portrait-orientation video?

Awesome athleticism from those good doggos.

10 Likes

If I could do that, that’s all I’d do all day

6 Likes

not to mention wagging your tail while you’re doing it!

7 Likes

Duuuude. Nice.

2 Likes

I heard that this level of unlimited energy is why Belgian Malinois make for challenging pets.

5 Likes

“Wait, they can climb trees now? F@#K!” —Raccoons

10 Likes

Belgian Malinois make for challenging pets.

… and then some… My sister had, at one point, 4 Belgians and an Aussie Shepherd. Walkies was always an exercise in pack management, but they were so much fun that at the leash-free park we often ended up with more dogs at the end of the walk than we started with. As my wife learned, don’t hold onto all five leads when the minivan pulls up and the door opens… :astonished:

My sister now keeps greyhounds. Cats in dogs’ clothing.

4 Likes

I knew someone with a Malinois. He had a working vocabulary of almost 100 words. You could talk to him in plain English and give multi-part commands, and he understood perfectly. He aced the certification for Search & Rescue, so the dog draws his own paycheck for being on call 24/7, and when someone needs help, he gets hazard pay until the job is done, which is more than both of his owners make combined.

8 Likes

Some breeds of 'coon hounds are known for limited tree climbing.\

I thought that was what we were looking at, but with the kanji at the bottom I am thinking it is another kind of dog… though maybe a breed they use to tree some animal in Asia.

1 Like

I did say yesterday that Kelpies like to climb;

7 Likes

The local squirrels are going to get a nasty surprise.

3 Likes

Dogs can do that?!?!

1 Like

seWks3C|nullxnull

13 Likes

The human race doesn’t deserve dogs.

5 Likes