Dog on a treadmill

True enough, but my point was that “nothing need ever be truly lost.”

Ever since I first got internet access, it’s been my personal habit to constantly look up anything and pretty much everything that even vaguely piques my interest… particularly when I hear others discussing something I’ve never heard of; be it new or old school, trivial or life-changing.

But then again, I’m naturally inquisitive, as well as an ‘old soul;’ and to me, instant access to practically unlimited info was nothing short of miraculous.

I genuinely pity the generations that come after me, who take such a vastly powerful resource for granted; they likely won’t truly appreciate what we have until it’s gone.

Same here; due in no small part to the existence of the web.

4 Likes

For me it was more due to binge watching tv shows and movies when growing up. Though i am an avid learner and make it a habit to research random things on a whim as you also mentioned.

These days though? I don’t watch TV so don’t ask me anything about current shows because i will likely have no clue.

4 Likes

“Jane! Stop this crazy thing!” ― Winston S. Churchill

5 Likes

Now that you mention it; a lot of my input did come from syndicated tv, when I was a kid.

Same here, and what I do watch I stream via the net.

Binging online is how I caught on to most of the current pop culture that I’m ‘hip to’…

2 Likes

I just research the context for certain memes and i get enough of a gist of what’s going on :stuck_out_tongue: I’m really lousy these days at working up the will to watch shows online. For example i really want to watch Atlanta, but find reasons to get distracted.

2 Likes

Back on topic…I wonder if she’s still running?

2 Likes

Don’t it always seem to go that way?

3 Likes

They’re “paving paradise to put up a parking lot, right now…”

3 Likes

tumblr_lzvm2aKvXq1r3ovdbo1_400

1 Like

TURNSPIT DOGS!!! Bred to run in a wheel connected to a spit and thereby spin-roast meat.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I watched a lot of TV and read a lot of books growing up. I’m a curious type too, I love being able to search up that thing that just popped up that I can’t place or name immediately. I still think first, but having a portable Library of Alexandria in my pocket is still frankly amazing.
Full disclosure: I didn’t get the Jetson’s reference :smiley:

2 Likes

I was in my late twenties just a few years ago, and I definitely would have gotten it. The Jetsons were still in syndication when I was in elementary school. It definitely makes me sad when my own peers don’t know these kinds of references.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.