Dog thinks he's a bunny and also wants lettuce, now cat wants some too

Pretty much every dog I’ve ever had has loved lettuce. One of them to the point that if I held out a piece of steak in one hand, and lettuce in the other, he’d go for the lettuce first. We had to fence off our garden to keep the dogs out - first they’d eat the lettuce, then they’d pick the unripe tomatoes and throw them around the yard like tennis balls.
After we fenced it off, we were actually able to grow a few heads of lettuce - or so we thought. The little bugger had figured out how to unlatch the gate, let himself in, eat the lettuce out of the center (with the outer leaves still curled around in an empty shell), and then close the gate again on his way out.

4 Likes

I guess the pet tortoise didn’t get there in time.

10 Likes

Yeah, had to cover the peas with wire mesh to keep the birds - and the dog - from eating them. (I’ve entirely given up on getting to low-hanging berries before the dog does.)
The current dog is an odd one in that he’s quite the enthusiast of fragrant herbs - mint, oregano, lavender, rosemary, sage, etc. He goes crazy rolling around in them, ending up smelling like potpourri.

3 Likes

What’s a tortoise?

3 Likes

(sighs, takes big puff on cigarette) You know what a turtle is?

5 Likes

We once had a German Shepherd dog that I fed a piece of cucumber to, as a bit of a joke, and, thereafter, he couldn’t get enough of it! Absolutely loved it but had to ration it a bit!

3 Likes

Cat’s reaction:
“This is the worst catnip I have ever eaten!”

2 Likes

Oooh major deep cut!

5 Likes

“Bunny on money…”

My dog knows of these carrots as well, what do they know that we don’t?

In Tibet and Nepal turtles are called “bone frogs” so I guess a tortoise is a “bone toad”. Am i helping or making things worse? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You’re missing the joke.

Or maybe you’re just a Nexus 6 replicant.

4 Likes

:turtle: I LIKE TURTLES! (some days i miss more than i catch.)

2 Likes

A cat who eats lettuce and rabbits is a blessing to gardeners. RIP, Leona. She would sit in front of the range until green beans or collards were ready so she could have a dish. The late Murgatroyd adored raw green beans and would pull them from the plant for snacks.

Boss man’s part-Mastiff would shuck his own raw corn ears and eat them. Critter would fight any other animal for an ear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.