German Shepherd doggo gently munches carrot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/09/german-shepherd-doggo-gently-m.html

9 Likes

Aww. My dog used to love baby carrots. Probably more than my Guinea pig ever did.

(In fairness to my Guinea pig; she liked the carrot peels: give her one and it would just slowly retract int her mouth as she made nibbly faces; then she’d be ready for another.)

7 Likes

80d2201392fc603feb5fe60a3b8c24f1

17 Likes

My dogs love waffle cut frozen carrots.

7 Likes

All my family dogs growing up loved carrots. Must be a dog thing – maybe because they’re crunchy and slightly sweet.

Now I have cats. One tries to eat plastic, another one eats green vegetables and house plants.

10 Likes

My dogs don’t care too much for carrots. Now radishes, they love those.

9 Likes

I came home from work once to find that my apartment balcony had 3-4 baby carrots on it.

I’m guessing some kids saw my dog up there and tossed her some of their lunch.

But neither of my shepherds (belgian, german) liked/like carrots.

Frozen peas or corn, though . . .

4 Likes

Just be careful feeding dogs stuff they can’t digest too well. They tend to throw it up later. Ask me how I know.

1 Like

We also had a German Shepherd but he had a thing about cucumber, after I jokingly fed him a piece once. Every time there was salad on the menu, he would sit patiently waiting for a slice. Thought it might actually be the moisture in it he liked.

7 Likes

I had a dog that loved frozen peas.
He also would eat slices of jalapeno pepper, one after the other as they were handed to him. It made him a bit of a nuisance when I would start preparing the ingredients for homemade chili.

4 Likes

My cat loved green beans as a cat toy. Would find escaped ones dried up ones under the couch.

6 Likes

Both our dogs will eat just about anything we toss them while doing food prep. Carrot ends, broccoli stems, lettuce hearts, cauliflower crumbles…it’s like having a compost pile that follows you around.

7 Likes

Our old cat LOVED green corn husks. Anytime we brought in bags of groceries in, he would nose through them. If he found ears of corn, he would carefully drag one out to munch on the husk.

3 Likes

That’s kinda the point of having a dog around, aside from all the emotional benefits.

5 Likes

…I thought it was all the bonus spit and loose fur o.o’.

5 Likes

We had two Irish setters that loved to crack and eat acorns. Just to piss off the squirrels, I always thought; but they also liked olives. Later there was a cat who loved asparagus. Tips only, please.

1 Like

We never gave him carrots, but one of the dogs I had growing up loved lettuce more than anything else in the world - he would pass up steak, bacon, or any other treat to get a leaf of lettuce. He also figured out how to sneak into our fenced off garden, and ate out the centers of all of the heads of lettuce we had growing, while leaving just the shell outside, so it looked like he hadn’t been in there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.