Dog who just wants treat gets confused by physics, gravity, this glass table

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/25/dog-who-just-wants-treat-gets.html

12 Likes

Thanks for all the unicorn chasers, Xeni!

Be careful to keep enough in reserve.

13 Likes

He’s not dumb, he’s just making a point about what a dick the person filming this is being.

27 Likes

Give doggo treat already!

22 Likes

Do you want to join Tantalus in eternal suffering in the depths of Hades?

Because this is how you join Tantalus in eternal suffering in the depths of Hades.

23 Likes

Yup.
I’m anthropomorphizing and may be wrong, but the vibe I get is
“Oh dear, here we go again. Best to just play along with this shit until hooman gets tired. And maybe pee in their slippers later.”

10 Likes

Stupid dog. Trying to calculate acceleration with a boilerplate quadratic equation. Tsss. My cat would never do this.

17 Likes

My pupper has never been able to catch treats, even as a young dog, so his strategy has been to stare at the floor when food or treats are in the offing to be ready to get anything that drops. Practical dog, he recognized his limitation & came up with a workaround.

13 Likes

It does seem like xf = xi + vit + 0.5at2 is more appropriate.

4 Likes

Your dog is basically an engineer.
Who are usually good to have around the house.

4 Likes

Yes! Poor pupper. I hope they got their treat after all that frustration!

3 Likes

He’s a cruel, capricious god.

6 Likes

it’s training in a way. he’s learning that humans will be dicks to amuse themselves.

4 Likes

If the pup didn’t eventually get the snack I’m gonna be SO PISSED

2 Likes

12 Likes

Well of course he’s confused. He forgot to put the top of the quadratic equation in brackets so he’s forgetting to divide the -b term by 2a.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.