Dogeden: partially buried doghouse for maximally comfortable pups

My brain vaguely remembers that we should blame @beschizza for that. I could be wrong.

In areas where high ground water isn’t a problem, you could dig the hole like 8 inches deeper and 4 inches wider on all sides, drill a few 1/4 inch drain holes in the bottom of the doghouse, then fill the bottom of the hole with 8 inches of drainage rock, set the doghouse in place and fill halfway up with more rock and then the rest with soil.

As long as your soil isn’t all clay, this should allow any water due to condensation or rain to escape through the drain holes.

If you were on a bit of a slope, you could get really fancy with it and run a drainage pipe out of the bottom of the hole to fresh air. Then, even if you did have ground water issues, it would just run out of the drainage pipe.

1 Like

Yes, I used that word so I could test Discourse’s filter with something innocuous, without using an actual ‘hot’ censorshiptastic word, and never bothered to remove it, and now it’s a thing. Sometimes someone will get really mad about not being able to write 𝓶𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓽 and get all gamergate about it.

A couple of ‘hot’ terms are now autocensored too – the N-word and the C-word.

1 Like

Mοist my buns and call me sally

Nougat and Cankles?

Darn. Guess not.

And when it fills up with water in a heavy rain? Snow drifts in? Or needs to be cleaned?

The insulated “igloo” houses are just fine for dogs - the think it’s a den dug into the side of a cliff.

51f0VPiKsOL

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.