Doggo's hilarious struggle to escape his blanket (video)

Originally published at: Doggo's hilarious struggle to escape his blanket (video) - Boing Boing

9 Likes

“Oh, Whistle, and I’ll Come to You, My Lad”

2 Likes

Struggling Mtv GIF by MTV’s Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club

4 Likes

Haven’t you ever woken up completely disoriented? I certainly have.

Poor doggy!

2 Likes

Nice to see a Doberman with its naturally floppy ears (once Doggo finally got its head out from under the blanket). Ear cropping to meet the AKC breed standard is cruel.

4 Likes

Sir Michael Hordern at his muttery, fussy finest!

Came here to say this, not disappointed!!!

I was hoping to see whether ees pupper still had his tail, and hoping in the affirmative. Dobes look so much cooler w/ears and tails intact! and they must be happier b/c didn’t go thru that trauma!

4 Likes

I thought it was natural until I posted a picture of a doberman “wearing a cute hat” and my vet family member told me it was bandages after cropping their ears

I have 2 adorable dogs right now, and I’ve had 4 others in my lifetime. Never in a million years would I bring them home from the vet with a bandaged head to conform with breed standard

5 Likes

Indeed, Jonathan Miller did a great job with that adaptation.

2 Likes

I should look for the adaptation starring John Hurt. That one’s very different.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to Zach Snyder’s version :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

LOLZ

The Whistle and I’ll Come to You version w/John Hurt (2010) is so loose an adaptation, it’s a completely different story. Still interesting, thought-provoking, spooky, but it’s not the M.R. James story I’d been expecting.

1 Like

Like Hordern, Hurt is always fascinating to watch. :hugs::hugs::hugs: I’ll check out that Hurt version.

1 Like

Both very different, and excellent in their own ways.

Our dogs were never ones for blankets, other’n to lie down upon. Mom used to get Martex’ velvety Vellux blankets. Whenever the Vellux bankies died, they’d be cut into four equal-ish pieces & used on the dogs’ and cats’ beds. They were always happy to find fresh bankies on their beds.

1 Like

Blanket and pajamas!!

I worried he’d bonk his head on the hard corners of those nightstands.

1 Like

That’s how William Holden died.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.