Dogs' breakfast commentated

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/10/dogs-breakfast-commentated.html

10 Likes

I love how “the swapping of the bowls at the end” is presented with little fanfare as if it’s a time-honored tradition of sportsmanship sportsdogship everyone is already familiar with.

18 Likes

I think it’s normal. Pokey always goes back a bit later to make sure he got all his food, or maybe expecting the bowl to refill. So the dogs checking each other’s bowls seems an extension of that.

I figured Andy Wahol made this movie.

Pokey doesn’t wag his rail thatmuch late!y, either he’s getting old or maybe the trauma of last year was too much. And it’s still not back to normal, he has to see other dogs at a distance.

2 Likes

It appears these doggos are good multi-sport athletes, not just good at speed but at strategy too:

20 Likes

The “Get on with it!” really made this for me.

13 Likes

fcf096ea1292938bdeab0241adfee37f

22 Likes

“Shows little emotion, but her mind will be… empty.” Absolute gold, this guy’s fantastic.

8 Likes

You can tell this is the pro league as there are only labradors competing.

7 Likes

The bloke is an actual commentator heard on the BBC and elsewhere. He along with others from his profession have been posting clips of them commentating on anything to pass the time. Here’s the football commentator Clyde Tyldesley with his wife making lasagne:

7 Likes

It reminds me of NFL players exchanging jerseys after the game.

1 Like
2 Likes

Aw. That “Bad dog” at the end.

1 Like

SO much more upsetting than I expected. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, Cotter clearly needs to go back and commentate old viral videos like this. He’d never have to commentate live sports again in his life…

3 Likes

Labs are such great dogs. We used to have two litter mate sisters that I adopted when they were 2.
One of them would hoover up the food like nobody’s biz. The other one ate normally.
They would swim and chase balls in the water until they couldn’t stand up on the shore.

2 Likes

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.