Dolphin Dreamtime is a 1980s cassette that takes the listener through an imaginary encounter with dolphins

Originally published at: Dolphin Dreamtime is a 1980s cassette that takes the listener through an imaginary encounter with dolphins | Boing Boing

1 Like

Clearly an artifact of the 19A0’s. Propaganda from the Dolphin Wars.

2 Likes

Deep digital analysis surfaces a hidden message towards the end of the tape: “So long and thanks for all the fish!”

4 Likes
2 Likes

I grew up on a coast where dolphins, sea lions, seals, and sharks were not uncommon. It isn’t magical. They mostly pay no attention. They all poop and pee in the water. So does every other organism in the ocean, except for divers, surfers, and swimmers- they just pee, or so I am told. Bacteria, viruses, other microorganisms, and invertebrate sperm and eggs- so much sperm. Seriously, the truths of the ocean best not be thought about while enjoying it.

Plus, some dolphin species are reportedly rapey. Link source: Vox article, Horrible Animals, 2015 02 23 Though PolitiFact disagrees. Link source: Politifact, * Dolphins are rapists, ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ claims wrongly", 2016 04 22.

Source: Weekly World News (in the early 90s) Dolphin With Human Arms Captured! digitally reprinted/rebooted 2020 02 11, originally published c1993

Now this, this would be magical. And according to memory, the journey of Dolphin With Arms was, captured and later studied, it learned sign language, communicated and it found love, and may have sired a baby with it’s trainer before escaping and waving at the camera. I’d listen to the drones and music of Hearts Of Space while swimming with Dolphin With Arms- that would be magical- though I’d still want a chaperone.

2 Likes

It’s probably me, but I found the “Professionals fix bad garage floor” video to be much more relaxing than this.

v a p o r w a v e

1 Like

thanks flying GIF

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.