Dominate the Battle Space

batshit crazy talk from public officials

“I think the sooner that you mass and dominate the battlespace, the quicker this dissipates and we can get back to the right normal,” Esper said during the call, an audio excerpt of which was published by The Washington Post. “We need to dominate the battlespace.”

washingtonpost.com/national-security/defense-secretary-pledges-pentagon-support-to-help-dominate-the-battlespace-amid-unrest/2020/06/01/7c5b4630-a449-11ea-8681-7d471bf20207_story.html

4 Likes

It’s not from Ender’s Game, Starship Troopers or Battlestar Galactica. Perhaps it’s from Space:Above and Beyond? /s

3 Likes

Most public servants try to avoid sounding like dialog from a bad ‘80s Schwarzenegger vehicle. These days though…

General- Donald, what is best in life?
Trump- To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

1 Like

Like the kumquat would use a long word like “lamentations.” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

“This season of Stupid Dystopia is the worst one yet!”

5 Likes

Might be fun to hear him try though.

To, ah, crush my enemies, and believe me, lots of people hate Trump, that’s why we’re driving very strongly, very powerfully, and hear the laminations of their women.

2 Likes

Please don’t spoil kumquats for me. I don’t have much left.

3 Likes

I hear ya, but it is a great word for when you need to swear without swearing.

1 Like

I guess Mark Esper sees this as a military conflict with the American people.

5 Likes

“We don’t have exact terms for this civilian context, so the term the secretary used is just a general term for the area in which we are operating, whether that’s in air, sea, land or cyberspace,” he said “That’s a general benign term.”

said Senior Defense Apologist for Esper

gifs (14)

Right. The opposite of benign.

1 Like

I’m so glad he’s using terms from a doctrine that’s shown itself incapable of dealing with asymmetric multi-party conflicts and establishing lasting peace afterward.

3 Likes

Ahh, apologies; had missed that.

Before progeny The First started school we’d been careful to use “alternative” words for swearing. In the first week at school his teacher pulled me aside and said “he shouted “Bismarck!” but we knew what he meant.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.