Donald Trump is America's first white president

Because of the degree to which sugar fueled the slave trade that is a beautifully powerful and multi-layered metaphor.

27 Likes

Thanks; I do try.

^_^

18 Likes

For most of the 240-plus years of our nation’s history the women’s vote was irrelevant in Presidential races since the vast majority of women in the United States couldn’t cast a vote for President until 1919.

15 Likes

Fair enough. In all but one presidential election in the last ~100 years.

1 Like

I have nothing to add.

4 Likes

ELI5: Patriarchy Edition

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/905817643550220288

https://twitter.com/kfile/status/905838503711436802

13 Likes

But that is the point of white supremacy—to ensure that that which all others achieve with maximal effort, white people (particularly white men) achieve with minimal qualification. Barack Obama delivered to black people the hoary message that if they work twice as hard as white people, anything is possible. But Trump’s counter is persuasive: Work half as hard as black people, and even more is possible.

Holy shit this article is awesome.

15 Likes

I highly recommend listening to the audio version. Repeatedly.

2 Likes

Well in this case the Plutocratic oligarchy have the President they could get, instead of the President they wanted - another Bush maybe. But whitey has the President he wanted.

6 Likes

no way Trump works half as hard though, I’m guessing somewhere between 5 and 10%.

6 Likes

He is just one in a line of plutocratic oligarchy Presidents, but he is THE racist backlash President.

12 Likes

I doubt he’s worked a single day in his whole wretched life.

6 Likes

I’ve got a tin ear for Dog Whistles, so I’m never sure if people referring to “lizard people” are being antisemitic, or are going full David Ike for hyperbolic effect. As this is boing boing I’m going to let my confirmation bias select Option B.

Apparently.

Perhaps, like John Carpenter and I, David Icke is a fan of Ray Nelson.

1 Like

Have you seen the documentary about David Ike touring in America, where the Anti Defamation League are protesting against his appearances over the whole “lizard people” thing. I think that it comes out that, while some of the Ike’s support staff thing that Ike is referring to the Jews and agree with him, and the ADL think the Ike is referring to the Jews and vehemently disagree with him, Ike really seems to believe that “Lizard People” actually refers to genuine space aliens.

Maybe I just need to put on the goddam glasses, as I’m not partial to a diet of trash cans.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve not made a secret on BB that I’m Jewish, and I don’t know that I’ve heard of Icke before this thread, but the idea that the rulers of the planet are disguised reptiles goes way back. Nelson describes them as such in his story that became They Live!. And of course there was

10 Likes

A rare BB post that is actually correct.

Nothing unexpected here. Due to high degree of racism in US the non-white population was politically-active and voted for Obama (being a non-white candidate). HRC inherited Obama’s electorate, being his successor.

Instead of trying to fight HRC on her own turf over the issues that only mattered to the minority, Trump instead pandered to the white majority. I do not know whether he was racially-motivated initially or not, but in the end it hardly mattered; by the end there were no alternative candidates for them to vote for.

1 Like

Leaving aside the fact that all this is entirely beside the point of the article - in how many of those elections was there a female candidate women could have voted for?

4 Likes

That just shows how efficient he is.
/s.

3 Likes