Donald Trump is snubbed by this week's exclusive GOP think tank of top leaders

Originally published at: Donald Trump is snubbed by this week's exclusive GOP think tank of top leaders | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Well, good luck, folks, but I think that your voters have a lot more say in that than do a group of dreaded ELITES who will be dismissed as RINOs. Shouldn’t have spent the last three decades appealing to the idiot wing.

31 Likes

Ooooo, Daddy’s gonna be pissed the kids met behind his back…

10 Likes

Well, the first word in that phrase might explain why he’s not welcome.

32 Likes

22 Likes

From the description of the speakers, maybe we’ll get past some of the Congressional gridlock. :crossed_fingers:t4: If the attendee list was a bit different, I’d be hopeful they were trying to choose his replacement on the ticket for 2024. :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

Good grief, the list of attendees is already scraping the bottom of the barrel. How in hell did they omit the most bottom of the barrel? I’m hoping there was a typo and the meeting was dubbed “The Stink Tank”.

11 Likes

how the hell is rick scott on there?!
i mean his “think” is:

1. steal from medicare
  2. strive for fascist control of government
20 Likes

Congrats, you’ve plumbed the depths of conservative thought.

17 Likes

Who cares? What could he possibly have to say of consequence?

12 Likes

Goes to show that Trump is nothing more than a stage prop for GOP politicians.

6 Likes

Only “journalists” from news outlets who figure their job is stirring the pot. Since 45 can’t use Twitter, I guess they have to go old school to find whatever toxic stuff comes out of his mouth and repeat it. That’s only meaningful in terms of ratings and clicks.

8 Likes

True, but he deserves the hurt feelings of being excluded.

5 Likes

Are you sure he’ll notice - he’s been busy coming up with strategies for solving the Ukraine war - and they’re ummm… novel:

In a speech to Republican donors in New Orleans, Donald Trump said the US should put the Chinese flag on F-22 jets and “bomb the shit out of Russia” in retribution for its invasion of Ukraine.

8 Likes

Where’s Legionnaires Disease when we need it.

7 Likes

Sadly it’s not even that novel. He’s just repeating what Hannity said.

7 Likes

A secret gathering of fascist racists is not ameliorated just because one of the worst wasn’t invited.

5 Likes

Koch Bro.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#American%20Enterprise%20Institute

(One of these days, I’ll fix the onebox.)

8 Likes

Reminds me of the rotten event depicted in Succession. I kind of understand why they don’t want this attention-seeking clown to bloviate while they’re picking a more dangerous fascist flag-bearer.

4 Likes

It’s hard to tell from the article…has he been invited in the past? It mentions that Pence went a couple years ago, but in a (super quick) search I couldn’t tell that T had been invited or attended before.

4 Likes