Trump's approval ratings go down the drain among his base

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/17/trumps-approval-ratings-go-d.html

11 Likes

Gonna have to revise a lot of these “worst ever” articles…

21 Likes

He might have just stopped paying for them.

13 Likes

Well, someone stopped paying…

from @sosumi on the Trump thread:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/425785-cohen-hired-firm-to-try-to-rig-online-polls-for-trump-only-paid-part-of-bill

21 Likes

Re: “Wider Problem”, a friend of mine out in Colorado is deeply concerned with the prospect of a Civil War of Trumpists vs. anyone they don’t like.

He calls me up every so often, and we gab about this and that. A couple nights ago, he mentioned he’s been listening to the local Rush Limbaugh clone. Said clone in the aftermath of the news about the Helsinki translator’s notes being destroyed, has started to turn. “THIS IS NOT COOL, Re: PUTIN” roughly.

So who knows? I’d like to think the cracks are starting to show.

19 Likes

This gave me a tiny bit of an upside-down-frown, until I started to imagine what they were probably disappointed about, and what he would do to win them back…

7 Likes

Oh wait, they’re unhappy because he isn’t fulfilling his crapulant promises, not because they finally realize that they are crapulant. sigh carry on.

36 Likes

Coal plants closing, soybeans not selling, corn worthless, no transportation projects for construction jobs, no more decent or affordable health care, farmers on gov subsidies and on and on…

Expect Fox, Coulter, Rush and others to put their hate and fear mongering into overdrive to make up for the dip in approval.

26 Likes

It’s amazing how many of the presidents on that list were bad presidents and supported the confederacy…

Also, I kind of wonder if it’s fair to include William Henry Harrison, since he was only in office for a month or so…

22 Likes

12 Likes

Oh the poor man! I’ll bet he feels really bad, we should cheer him up!

4 Likes

Turns out all those bootstrappy types change their tune when the government is actually hobbled.

21 Likes

This means Trump has to start worrying about impeachment. Plenty of republican congressmen will abandon him in a heartbeat if his popularity gets too low.

6 Likes

Eh, seems to me every other week there’s another thinkpiece on why “Trump’s base is unassailable!” because of surveys of one demographic or another and long-winded ruminations on why all of them must be thinking just-so. There are column-inches to be filled.

4 Likes

I don’t get it. Why now? What’s changed for them? Because nothing seems to have changed in terms of his behavior, policy, functioning, revelations about him… But his fans are information poor and I don’t know what bit of reality has finally broken through to them.

10 Likes

What I find interesting in all this is the complete lack of new Trump polls on Fox News.

8 Likes

These numbers might finally make your old school GOPers nervous but are these cracks in that 30% wall of fascist bigots he has in his pocket? Those are the ONLY peeps he cares about. Until that cracks, he’s going to drive this bus off the cliff.

7 Likes

That’s the real question, isn’t it?

3 Likes

That’s alright- he’ll win them back with the State of the Union speech.

11 Likes

Us. They work with us, or they see us downtown, whatever. They’ve seen our fears about this administration were true, and more importantly we’re not gloating like they thought we’d be. I think they’re realizing if it all falls apart that they’re on this ship too, and Trump only packed a raft for his family. And maybe Russia.

3 Likes