Trump's approval rating hits rock bottom in latest ABC-Washington Post poll

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/31/trumps-approval-rating-hits.html

5 Likes

but this means he will be at his most dangerous, watch out for extra extreme destructive

also, still will get re-elected because our family and neighbors are horrible people

4 Likes

There’s a lot of information pending release regarding his dirty laundry.

If he can be reliably tied to the goings on of Jeff Epstein, that’s horrific enough shit that he will lose his supporters. There’s no comparison between that and Roy Moore.

6 Likes

Rock bottom?

(Long vid but, you get the point.)

5 Likes

Rock bottom?

I’d hit that O_o

16 Likes

The 538 aggregate poll shows a recent uptick in the disapproval rate, but it’s not the highest it has ever been.

3 Likes

Nothing, literally nothing, would make trump lose his supporters.

Nothing.

11 Likes

Graph looks funny… legend on the left doesn’t match the numbers ?

His supporters are not the majority of the electorate.

Defeatism is defeatist.

8 Likes

I realize that. I didn’t say anything about our side being “defeated”.

3 Likes

Not true, actually.

I lurk in the Breitbart comments section. When the Stormy Daniels payments were confirmed, the folks said very plainly what I already suspected:

“I don’t care who he has sex with, regardless of if he’s married, just so long as it’s not a Dude.”

There’s definitely a line past which he becomes too distasteful for his supporters.

8 Likes

Fake news.

Obviously, they stopped polling Republicans. The alternative – that his base would even dare disapprove of him – is unpossible.

2 Likes

There have been a lot of those, and each is replaced once it’s crossed.

10 Likes

Somehow the evangelicals don’t have a problem with his lying, hist cheating, his infidelity, etc. I’m sure they’d manage to find a way to not have a problem with any homosexuality on his part.

4 Likes

If Donald Trump was elected because the electorate did not have anyone better to vote for, or because the other candidates were so uninspiring that voters stayed home, or because of corrupted voting processes, corporate strangleholds on political expression created by FaceBook and Twitter, or because of dissatisfaction with economic or educational systems, it means that supporting the people and forces that created and support those socioeconomic factors is not ethical.

If he was elected because of Russian interference, Green Party spoilers, misogyny, racism, or the inherent and intransigent stupidity of rural Americans, then nobody has to change their beliefs or actions, and nobody virtuous is at fault.

People don’t want to give up their team colors, stop using FB/Twitter, or give up their corporate jobs that feed their families, so they choose the narrative that doesn’t make them feel bad about doing what they want.

Karl Rove’s Empire is real.

4 Likes

Yeah, they need to add a new question to these polls to suss out simple never-admit-your-team-is-wrong responders. something like: Would you prefer a different Republican were in power?

4 Likes

I think the Evangelical community is really just rallying around a figure who hates the same people that they do, and not sweating the details. (My pet theory anyways, but I’m not alone in it) That’s why you’d think with all that moral high ground that they claim that he’d have lost their support long ago, but the moral high ground is by and large a facade.

The cardinal sin would be for something to come out which makes them realize he’s one of “Those People”.

5 Likes

Well, no. In the face of virulent racism, it is wrong to say that nobody has to change their actions. Evil does not call on us to merely respond “at least I am not one of the evil ones.”

2 Likes

You are correct.

False equivalency is false.

There’s no reason it can’t be many factors simultaneously that led us to this clusterfuck we’re now in; it was a toxic combination of fear, apathy, bigotry, opportunism and interference.

10 Likes

I will be eternally baffled by this entire period of our history.

If you care about policies and effectiveness, I don’t see how you can approve of the Trump presidency.

if you don’t care about policies and effectiveness but respond to personality and other intangibles, I don’t see how you can approve of the Trump presidency,

In conclusion: I don’t see how you can approve of the Trump presidency.

11 Likes