Donald Trump launches personal blog

Originally published at: Donald Trump launches personal blog | Boing Boing

3 Likes

So he couldn’t get a verified account on Stormfront?

38 Likes

I expect lots of pictures of what he just ate and many musings on his efforts for personal growth.

15 Likes

This article has some interesting notes on the coding of the site:

It sounds to me like the designers knew that what Trump really wants is a mechanism to feed his ego, which is why you can just keep “liking” the same post over and over again. He needs those hearts!

29 Likes

Oh shit! Was he kicked off blogspot too?

11 Likes

I assume that Facebook said no to him coming back.

9 Likes

Every time I see the blog’s title I’ll think of this photo:

28 Likes

Yup https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/05/05/facebook-trump-decision/

6 Likes

Yes.

18 Likes

Facebook: DELETE TRUMP!

(Why not both?)

7 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger loser.

15 Likes

Long form written Trump rants?

Let’s just say I do not think this will last.

11 Likes

" …a blog that would let his dedicated fans disseminate short posts to the social media sites that have banned him." -TheHill

The propaganda machine churns back up…

5 Likes

If he was as wealthy and influential as he pretends he’d just buy into a tv network and schedule himself a couple hours a day. How much could OANN really be worth, anyway?

8 Likes

It sounds like they’re live-testing on a production site. Who’s the IT team, Rudy and Mike?

9 Likes

I predict he’ll actually get bored of it, if he writes anything himself.

How many blogs start breathlessly excited with regular well-written posts, then slowly devolve into emasculating, red faced tirades full of xenophobia, a failure to take responsibility for anything, and thinly veiled threats that could never be backed up with bravery or force, all while posturing as the greatest person ever to walk the earth.

I mean, that’s like every LiveJournal

11 Likes

Including the connection to Russia!

12 Likes

So he’s doing the John C Dvorak angle now lol. trump dot org slash blog lololol

3 Likes

LOL from the tiny desk of donald j trump. thanks for reminding me.

5 Likes

They risk getting themselves banned if they copy and paste posts from his sad little blog about the big lie. But hey, I say, “what do you have to lose, Trump fans? Go for it!”

Thankfully I’ve MOSTLY managed to avoid that with mine (mostly… ahem). But I only blog when I feel like it, it’s not a “must do every day” thing, and I’m not really caring if I get views or money from it (which, yeah… I get neither, so right on track). But yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re right in this case.

9 Likes