Donald Trump launches personal blog

Trump to remain banned on Facebook for now, oversight board rules - ABC News (go.com)

Yup

7 Likes

It also sounds like it is a well organized phishing scheme. Collecting data for use in fleecing those interested in Trump.

Grifting, always grifting

17 Likes

After the Dominion lawsuits it will probably be easy to purchase with loose change.

2 Likes

I mean, there’s a donate button on the left side of the page under former guy and there’s another donate button at the top right of the page in case you miss the one one on the left. Grifty McGriftingson.

9 Likes

There’s quite a lot of that on far-right forums.

Every asshole wants to write the Next Great Manifesto.

1 Like

I’m imagining him using a voice-to-text app. It will be like when someone types out his improvised campaign speeches verbatim, complete with meandering tangents, shorthand allusions to the latest MAGA-world conspiracy/myth, and repetitions of the world “huge” and “best” over and over, etc.

In short, hard to follow nonsense.

3 Likes

There’s also a ‘contact’ link where you can fill a webform with vituperative screeds of hate for him, and submit them. Almost as good as a shrink! :wink:

ETA if anyone can build a bot to send appropriate words of ‘advice’ to 45 via his contact form, say several times a second until his server falls over, I’d happily contribute.

14 Likes

His long form writing usually just looks like a bunch of his unhinged tweets strung together anyway.

7 Likes

So he basically went from PoTUS, to emo kid writing tumblr poetry?

“Screaming into the void,
my self importance shatters tranquility.”

Great - now expect this to be signal boosted everywhere else :confused:

9 Likes

The site is run on “Nucleus”, a half-assed attempt at web design that allowed Brad Pascale to scam trump donors out of a few million more dollars with.

Its an aside, but this is such a perfect illustration of the obscenity of the modern FEC and US campaign finance that donaldjtrump dot com includes a disclaimer that it isn’t authorized by trump, and this disclaimer lets him use unlimited, tax-deductible “charity” donations to run the site

12 Likes

Not even. First, Tumblr doesn’t really exist anymore, because powerful people spent billions of dollars torpedoing it because [gasp!] otherwise content creators would own their own intellectual property! Second, this lacks the succinctness and wit of Tumblr as well as the back and forth between other Tumblrinas. It’s just an old man ranting into the void, much like this comment I’m writing. It’s a bad imitation of something I did 25 years ago and nobody read even then.

5 Likes

One thing I noticed immediately: according to the screenshot, it doesn’t list him as ‘President’ DJT anywhere except under the Sign Up section where he is accurately referred to as President DJT (because politicians continue to hold their highest/most recent title even after the job is over).

So a functional lawyer was involved in the setup process, to make sure there would be no grounds to shut it down.

5 Likes

LOL, of course. He was never going to create a social media platform - too expensive, and he doesn’t give a shit about other people being able to talk. Of course it’s just to feed his ego, so a platform that only has his words was the optimal solution. He always wanted a broadcast medium with adulation feedback, not a social network - though Twitter’s advantage was the constraints that made his intellectual limitations less obvious. So of course his blog posts are just tweets, but shorn of the context of Twitter and its limitations, they’re turned into sad, deranged little mini-rants. The new context is like when his Tweets were formatted as official White House statements as a joke.

The whole thing is so clearly designed for that, it’s hilarious. I bet they inflate the “like” count, too. (By like, also multiplying it, or adding a random number.)

100% the same energy.

LOL, NO. He’s not capable of it - his posts are basically just Tweets which makes the whole thing extra hilarious. He’s got multiple posts about Liz Cheney already, and they’re redundant despite being short.

Except in his case, he started off with posts that were essentially tweet chains (of like, 3 tweets) and he’s already reverted to posts of less than 300 characters. The character limit on Twitter is about his intellectual limit anyways.

It really couldn’t be any clearer, could it? This literally couldn’t exist without total coordination between Trump and the PAC.

8 Likes

I’ve actually been mildly curious as to what trump is up to after losing both the presidency and twitter access… Which was worse for him?

Does seem twitter was the thing that hurt him the most… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

so what who cares tv show GIF

9 Likes

“From the desk of Donald J. Trump”

Since Trump is never seen with a computer at his desk, I assume he’s just posting from the toilet like usual.

8 Likes

In the story about this on the radio, they played a part of the video to kick it off, and the person speaking called him the Commander in Chief… which, of course he’s not any longer…

30 Rock Eye Roll GIF by TV Land Classic

9 Likes

I haven’t.

He’s talking aloud to someone who transcribes what he’s saying. Because he can’t actually read.

7 Likes

Now theres a candidate for the worst job imagineable :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s not polite to fat shame him. /s (Then again, considering who it is - go right ahead!)