Donald Trump must be guilty – he just took the Fifth Amendment

We can’t assume that he is guilty, just because he took the 5th. There are loads more reason to think he is guilty than just that.

17 Likes

speaking of… didn’t he have a gigantic deutsche bank loan coming due soon?

11 Likes

How about ‘trump’. trump = hypocrisy. Works for me

6 Likes

You can almost always* take the 5th to avoid answering a question that might incriminate you in a current or future criminal case. In an actual criminal trial the fact finder (Judge or Jury) may not look a the fact that you took the fifth negatively (in legal jargon they may not make “an adverse inference”). In a civil case they can take it to mean anything they want.

So taking the 5th might and probably will hurt him in this civil case, but if what he is refusing to answer would have shown that he committed a crime it might be worth losing the case to avoid admitting on the record something that could be used to charge and convict him.

* There are cases where you can lose the right to take the 5th, like if in a case you get on the stand and your lawyer asks you questions and you get to tell your story, you can’t then take the 5th when the other attorney starts asking questions.

11 Likes

What’s worse though is he pled the fifth and started yelling because “they”, the democrats, are weaponizing the gov against him. Couple that with yelling the FBI is planting evidence you have the perfect environment for chaos and lunacy.

4 Likes

Did he answer any questions or refuse all questions?

If one question prompted the invoking it would be interesting to know what that question was.

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, The Donald has been guilty of a whole shit-ton of things throughout his miserable, misbegotten life, so the only thing about this is that shit-fer-brains has effectively admitted it for the world to see.

5 Likes

Excited Fx Networks GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

1 Like

It’s called the blurt and squirt… :grimacing:

14 Likes

Well, unless he perjures himself. Or intimidates witnesses. Or obstructs justice.

Ok, that adds up to a pretty good chance, after all.

14 Likes

On Saturday, before all this happened, he was in Dallas telling a crowd that he was being “persecuted” like no other political figure in history.

8 Likes

Rigged election lie playbook. Kari Lake, another lunatic running for AZ Gov yelling election fraud in advance with zero evidence (in a PRIMARY ffs) then WINS and now all fraud clams are :dash: gone. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::expressionless:

6 Likes

DON’T LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYERS MR. PRESIDENT! YOU DON’T NEED TO PLEAD THE FIFTH, YOU CAN TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS!

Also make sure your lawyers have a copy of all your cell phone messages… and stiff them on the bill!

8 Likes

Sounds like the punchline to an old vaudeville routine:

“I’m worried we mighta lost the right to avoid self incriminatin’.”

“How can that possibly be? That protection’s enshrined right there in the Bill of Rights of our most sacred legal document: the Constitution.”

“Well, it used to be, but I just heard it ain’t there no more.”

“Not… not there no more!? Impossible! It would be huge news if the Bill of Rights got repealed!”

“Not the whole Bill of Rights, just the 5th amendment.”

“How!? How did the 5th Amendment get repealed!?”

“It wasn’t repealed. It was stolen.”

“Who could possibly steal the 5th Amendment!?”

“Oh, that’s easy: Donald Trump.”

“DONALD TRUMP? Impossible! I don’t believe it! Even he couldn’t manage that.”

“No, it’s true! I just read it in the paper. Says right here: ‘Donald Trump Takes Fifth Amendment’.”

16 Likes

Who’s on Fifth?

11 Likes

I’d love to see someone with some spare cash to invest approaching the cities and/or states where Trump has properties and offer to buy them for a fair value if the city and/or state seizes them under eminent domain while compensating Trump based on the value he claims on his taxes. The Supreme Court case of Kelo v. City of New London says they can do that.

The government will pay Trump what he’s said they’re worth in his official tax filings so he ought to be happy. The government will recoup what they paid and a bit more from the person buying the properties so they’re happy. The person buying the properties gets the properties so they’re happy. Everybody’s happy, right?

7 Likes

Disgusted Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

8 Likes

I am sure it will “come out” likely from Trump himself that he was very strongly opposed to taking the Fifth, and he told his lawyers it was a very very bad idea, but his lawyers insisted on it so he did it.

3 Likes

“This lawyer, you see, - and he’s a big manly lawyer - comes up to me. And he’s crying. I asks him, ‘why are you crying?’. And he says - sir - he knows that Trump always is honest and truthful, but that has him worried - worried that if I tell the whole story on the stand, that the woke liberals would take it and persecute me for the perfectly legal things I’ve done. So of course I plead the 5th - even though I didn’t need to - to please my big manly crying lawyers, who love me so much they made me hold back.”

Edit: nod to @L0ki for the “sir”

13 Likes

mass-hysteria-sacrifices

7 Likes