Donald Trump sues Facebook, Twitter, Google and CEOs

8 Likes

He’s accidentally making a halfway decent point maybe; the role of social networks has become so large that a wealthy populist ex-president can’t access that kind of attention on his own. Of course, we can also chalk that up to incompetence… but that’s nothing new!

1 Like

Yay, another chance for Rudy to get stiffed on legal bills!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that “idea” was popular in drool-soaked moron circles prior to Turmp, but in any case it stands out as a beacon of almost poetic stupidity, and makes me wonder how more GOP “policy” wonks haven’t fallen to their deaths after being startled by their own farts.

9 Likes

The clown car has arrived. Tobacco attorneys, and some personal injury ambulance chasers.

15 Likes

Florida Man.

(I like how theregister.co.uk has aptly named that cretin in their article on his antics, without naming him directly.)

7 Likes

Hey, no need to insult cretins here!

8 Likes

Giulliani is only blocked in New York, maybe he could … ooh, tough break!

16 Likes

Holy shit. That’s even more absurd than I expected, and now I’m baffled as to what category of lawyer these guys fall into. Many seem to be retired, and potentially working for free (one is Greta Van Susteren’s husband, so presumably a nutty ideologue). Then there’s a law firm of personal injury lawyers, who are presumably being paid. But, my god, the arguments being made - that Facebook is, effectively, a government entity? WTF? These guys are so out of their depth…

Edit: And as someone points out, Trump is opening himself up to a world of discovery here. I can’t imagine he’ll allow it to get that far.

15 Likes

Maybe he’s secretly just got a fetish for losing.

I mean, just LOOK at that record.

And this is just… not even a gilded lily Mitch could swallow.

5 Likes

Alas, if that were but true. Moscow Mitch is the undisputed master of rebranding turdballs as meatballs, so much so that his legions of GQP followers push each other out of the way to be the first to gobble them up.

Remember that literally thousands of his believers are still getting COVID-19 every single day because he’s told them they’re free not to wear masks or get vaccinated.

Never underestimate that rat fucker. Never.

8 Likes

Rudy dodged that by getting suspended first.

5 Likes

I think there is almost no chance it will get that far. That would also be outrageously expensive for everyone involved, which would defeat the purpose of a fundraising scam.

9 Likes

El Reg’s headline & sub-header is too good to be not posted as it is:

ETA: has links to PDFs of the complaints.

19 Likes

Even if discovery is allowed to happen, it would be limited to information that is relevant to the case, so there’s not much that the defendants could expect to get out of it in this case. They already have all records pertaining to Trump’s usage of their own sites.

4 Likes

El Reg is muy fabuloso.

4 Likes

I’m not seeing any of this lack of attention to trump that you refer to. It appears to me like he’s getting many orders of magnitude more attention than he deserves.

7 Likes

Tobacco lawyers, famously known for their incredible diligence at holding large corporations accountable for their misdeeds and actions.

12 Likes

The Speaker’s office has come thisclose to Florida Manning him.

16 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out why, if you’re a decent attorney, you’d take Donald’s call. I mean, you know you’re not getting paid by him. The case is a money-loser and a reputation-breaker unless you land a miracle. And he didn’t even pay Rudy, who lost his NY and DC law license over what he did for Donald.

I mean, I’d take just about any other call over Donald’s.

10 Likes