Donald Trump weaponized fine-print to make it impossible to sue Wall Street for fraud

As always, better to have a bad contract with a good partner, than a good contract with a bad partner. Of course, you really don’t want a bad contract with a bad partner.

1 Like

Compensation for something, sure, but I don’t think Trump’s bad taste can be accounted for as overcorrecting for early privations. He knows that real old money looks down on him as nouveau riche even though he was born into more-than-median wealth, and since he’s a narcissistic idiot he tries to prove his worth with ridiculous gaudy shit instead of taking a clue from his “peers” on how to behave.

2 Likes

I was thinking more in terms of those who are impressed by his gaudy display of wealth. I think Trump himself is a psychopath who’s (poorly) impersonating a human being with actual empathy. He wants to be beautiful and associate himself with beautiful things, but he can’t grasp the concept for himself. He knows that handsome guys have nice hair and a tan, so he sprays himself orange, puts on a wig, and has no idea how ridiculous it makes him look. He wants to be seen with women, so he runs beauty pageants, not realizing that those been tacky for decades. I don’t think it comes up much in the movie, but Donald Trump was Patrick Bateman’s idol.

I’m sure the nouveau riche thing is part of it, too, but it’s the psychopathy making it hard for him to develop the good taste that usually comes with old money.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.