Donald “You Gotta Pay Your Bills” Trump begs for more time to pay his bills

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/22/donald-you-gotta-pay-your-bills-trump-begs-for-more-time-to-pay-his-bills.html

10 Likes

Wholesale or handily portioned?

23 Likes

Remember that just a few weeks ago, he stated he had over $400 million in easily accessible liquid cash, which is part of where the judgement amount came from.

Time to act like a normal person and pay the bills, Donnie.

25 Likes

How’s that GoFundMe coming along? It was getting close to matching the daily interest accrual, right?

19 Likes

I read that Jared recently came into some money. Maybe he can help the old man out.

16 Likes

Better make more gold sneakers.

15 Likes

In two weeks, the last day to Appeal the Carroll 2 Judgement is due. The funds or bond for that are due 2 days later. How that gets handled is going to be a tell on the $450m judgement that will be due about 10 days later.

2-weeks

edit to add: I’m going with: They file the Appeal but fail to put up the funds/bonds and then complain in public about how the Appeal was unfairly rejected. So Unfair!

35 Likes

They’d probably just start by buying the small extremities not central to his operation.

13 Likes

As always, a grifting hypocritical deadbeat. No wonder so many Republican voters love him!

9 Likes

I do wonder if Trump is sitting on more than enough to pay off all these fines, but knows that if he touches the money in a numbered bank account filled with Saudi, Russian, Chinese, North Korean, Elbonian, and probably every other country he could grift during his presidency, the money will be traced, and either taken away from him or leading to more charges. Heck, if the government isn’t already, possibly as part of the upcoming IRS audit, using the NSA, CIA, millitary intelligence community, and other spying assets to scour his finances for hints of foreign bribery and influence peddling, they’re not doing their jobs right.

Then again, I want to see a certain ex-president hauled into one of those secret courts so popular during the GWoT, and shunted off to a private cell, with visits restricted to his security-cleared government appointed lawyer, as his head has too many Official Secrets to be allowed freedom of movement, communication, or the right to eat anything other than Nutraloaf. I’m not, however, holding my breath for this to happen.

17 Likes

“More time? No problem!”, as the interest clock goes “ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching…”

11 Likes

Your Honor - the check is in the mail.

Joe Biden must have lost it purposely. I’m going to have to cancel it and have the bank issue a new cashiers check. It’ll take at least 6 months.

14 Likes

Richest, most successful man in Amerikuh suddenly pleads poverty. Hmmmm… :thinking:

7 Likes

Well, if he won’t pay his bills, Russia gets to invade him, right?

21 Likes

That happened years ago, and being a deadbeat no doubt had something to do with it.

14 Likes

I don’t think he needs secret accounts, though. Trump is (well, was) in a great position for money laundering - selling real estate to Russians for far more than it was reasonably worth, when the buyers aren’t directly connected to Putin gives plausible deniability. We know he had various business deals with Russian oligarchs and the Saudis during his time in office (and just after). I suspect Trump sold out the country for a relative pittance, just a few million dollars, though these kinds of deals, most of which were done without any secrecy. The Saudi government renting out the suites in his Washington hotel was enough, by itself, to make the hotel as a whole profitable. And the country seems to just have accepted that and similar violations of the emoluments clause that were done in the open. It’s baffling.

19 Likes

I had to puzzle out GWoT (it’s been a while…). I initially thought that the “o” stood for “of”, then realized it was actually “on.” Considering the consequences of the GWoT, though, “of” fits pretty well, too.

4 Likes

Mayhaps what could be sifted from a barrel of acid…?

…too soon…
Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

16 Likes

To the tune of “Mr. Sandman.”

Mr. Bonesaw, send a few mil.
I got caught, with my hand in the till.
I got tried by those I hated.
Please help me or I’ll get castrated.
Bonesaw, I’m still for sale
Please help me sir, I’m too pretty for jail
Please lend to your favorite fasc
Mr. Bonesaw send me some cash.