'Don't be a fool!' A Donald Trump Motivational Poster for Erdogan

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/16/dont-be-a-fool-a-donald.html

3 Likes

35 Likes

Sounds like the lyrics to a Carly Rae Jepsen song.

8 Likes

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person.

I understand that there are those around me who are both smarter and less smart than myself.

However, I can’t fathom how much “less smart” you would have to be to read this and say “whatever, dude”.

The Republican Party bailed on our allies and left them to slaughter. I’ll wager that the majority of folks wearing the red cap couldn’t even tell you the difference between Kurds, Iranians, Syrians, and Turks. Oh, and show them an un-marked map and ask them where the countries are. Unless they were in the service I doubt they could do that.

21 Likes

Which is why Trump says that they have always been fighting each other and should be left to fight it out.

14 Likes

I can see these posters being hung at State Dept facilities all over the world.

5 Likes

The problem is that we backed one side (Kurds vs. ISIS) and now we are abandoning them when they need our help which would be easy to do by pressuring the Turks to just chill the fuck out. But we’re not. Now look into which governments benefit from our withdrawal and Turks expansion into the region.

Putin must be smiling.

8 Likes

In case it’s not clear, the phrase that you quoted represents Trump’s view, not mine.

P.S.

10 Likes

Or a Billie Eilish song.

2 Likes

Fascism is openly displayed now

13 Likes

This is perfectly in line with dRumph’s MO. He has so far:
Pulled out of the :
Paris Accord
The TPP
The Iran Nuclear Deal
NAFTA
The UN Nuclear Arms Treaty
CAFE Standards
Clean Waters Act revisions of 2014

He has threatened to with draw from:
Afghanistan
NATO
the UN
The WTO
The Universal Postal Union
The Open Sky Agreement

Man, I wish his father had pulled out…

17 Likes
9 Likes

The Wall Street Journal has long been a right wing rag… they are just showing their truest of colors now.

9 Likes

The letter needed comic sans.

12 Likes

It was written by a Zapf Dingbat.

11 Likes

It’s more coherent in that.

11 Likes

Fucking right he is… Trump in the US, clone in the UK… destablize the EU and partners. Brilliant marksman.

4 Likes

Yup, I think the intended beneficiary of this rushed evacuation of US forces is Putin and not really Erdogan. Erdogan is just a side-effect. If Trump had really wanted to keep Erdogan happy Trump would have been demonizing and pressuring Gülen-- but we hear nothing about Gülen.

3 Likes

A thread about Gülen:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.