Don't mess with this badass group of praying mantis pals

Originally published at: Don't mess with this badass group of praying mantis pals | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Obligatory

20 Likes

I was actually nervous they’d start trying to eat one another :sob:

17 Likes

I speak some green mantis and can translate:

“Hey Nancy, do you have any idea what we’re threatening here? No? No answer? Fine, I’ll just um help threaten I guess?”

Then, “Oh shit there it is, I’ve got this! Gals. Gals? Nobody. Fine. Back to threatening then.”

“Divas.” Muttered with barely a flutter of the thorax.

7 Likes

It’s like a boy band. Only better because they’re not singing.

11 Likes

13 Likes

They need a manager… like the one shown just below your post.

5 Likes

Came to say the same.

5 Likes

ETA: I have an amusing mantis story, which is at the bottom of my all but ignored thread:

No one else has yet told any real stories, so I just keep posting my own good ones. /shrugs

I’ve always loved mantiseses, and their pest predation!

5 Likes

Mantids are awesome. They are easily the most expressive-looking insects I can think of. I love the way they react to people. And the way they happily munch on houseflies!

8 Likes

nsfw with the sound on:

3 Likes

don’t think the ground work had any rocks to throw about…

Why would anyone even consider offering up a finger to an animal that has been known to kill birds? (Small birds, but still.)

1 Like

Wow. The first time I watched the video I was thinking “yeah” the one in front is alive, the others are fake. But no, they’re definitely all real. Pretty cool.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.