Don't miss the Super Blood Moon on May 26!

Originally published at: Don't miss the Super Blood Moon on May 26! | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Total eclipse begins: 4:11 A.M. PDT

Pass, i like my sleep better

GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I won’t see or photograph this event - rain and cloud cover here in Vancouver. My wife would also probably kill me for getting up to shoot pictures at that time of night.

2 Likes

SUPER BLOOD MOON WARNINGS:

• Don’t playfully toss babies into the air during SUPER BLOOD MOON. They may not come down.
  • Tides will be super-high. Prepare to evacuate if you live within 10 miles of a shoreline.
  • Expect extra-heavy menstrual periods. Yes, men included. Stock up on ulta-absorbancy Maxi-Pads and learn how to use those wings.
  • Don’t go out that night. There’s bound to be a fight.

We’ll see you on the other side.

8 Likes

Even better, it’s the “Super Flower Blood Moon.” Which sounds more like a Red Hot Chili Peppers album title, to be fair.

4 Likes

Superb Lood Moon

1 Like

Be careful, Link!

Not here :frowning:

I really wish i could find a UK-centric calendar of astronomical events, so I don’t miss seeing them because I am in the wrong location. Of course, being in the UK, I will still end up missing them because the sky will inevitably be overcast.

Seriously though, watch this if you can.

4 Likes

Would anyone else love to be on the surface of the moon when it’s bathed in this eerie twilight?
Just me?
I’ll get me coat…

Qsuy8q

2 Likes

Shoot, I always forget to send out my sacrificial daggers for sharpening until it’s too late.

1 Like

BsU3naL

5 Likes

star wars that's no moon GIF

5 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I was gonna watch “Super Flower Blood Moon" when it was on Toonami, but it was the english dubbed version.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s gonna be rainy AF here in Detroit. Our local news said the best views will be found on the US west coast and Australia anyway.

Pfui.

4 Likes

"You are lucky! Full moon tonight."
"Be careful! New moon tonight."
"You are lucky! Full moon tonight."

3 Likes