Don't pull a Lohan, check yourself with the ultimate party wingman

I stil don’t see the point of this.

This only indicates whether you’re below the legal limit. It doesn’t indicate whether you should drive. It doesn’t indicate whether you have sufficient impulse control to not drive above the speed limit on your way back. And if you drink a lot regularly, you can be above the legal limit and still have higher apparent functioning than someone who drinks only occasionally and never a lot.

Whatever happened to the time-honored solution of having a designated driver?

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with knowing. I got one of these things a few years ago, and discovered that the absolute maximum where I would consider myself in any way okay to drive was about half the legal limit, so, you know, there’s no harm in knowing. A number on a machine is not a substitute for judgement, though.

1 Like

Who gets the affiliate revenue from those? :wink:

4 Likes

The replacable mouthpieces are an ongoing expense, and you have to send in the unit for recalibration every thousand tests.

Regarding breathalyzers, I think the best counsel was expressed in this comprehensive review: if you think you need to check yourself with a breathalyzer, you have no business driving, period.

3 Likes

My gut reaction was to agree with you, but when I actually think it out your statement doesn’t hold up. If someone is committed to not driving until they are under the legally established BAC limit through actual testing that’s a good thing, and not the kind of thing irresponsible drunks do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.