Door based on rotating squares

I’m not sure how a door that requires four separate panels and (what looks like) seven hinges of three different types can be described as “minimalist.”

I like it, in any case. Not everything has to be purely functional and utilitarian.

4 Likes

If you do, you should totally put the plans up on Instructables. I’d love to be able to replicate it.

“He threw open the door and!..”. No wait,
“He rotated the squares of the door aside and marched into the room!”
Heck, it just doesn’t sound the same.

This could actually be extremely useful for the disabled. They often need larger than standard doors to accommodate wheelchairs, but there isn’t always sufficient space for a larger door to open completely.

7 Likes

WANT.

I never realized how much a woman could want a door before. I must have it’s little door-babies. Gates, I suppose.

2 Likes

mind=blown.

Most things are, and it is.

No one is really going to comment on the soundtrack of popping popcorn?

That freaked me out more than the damn wacky door.

WTF - I was watching the following video „World’s best polde-dancer“, too, before I returned to the comments,

1 Like

Minimalist would be to do without doors. Most doors in private houses have little practical value.

1 Like

You’re no longer permitted to use my bathroom.

5 Likes

Why? What’s wrong or annoying with people washing themselves?

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Genuine People Personalities.

2 Likes

You could use squishy material in the areas that pinch together to make it finger-safe.

1 Like

looks beautiful but how would you lock such a door?
Reinstate bars behind doors perhaps?

Depends on how you heat your home.

2 Likes

You can only afford doors like that if you haven’t got any kids anyway.

Didn’t shogun have this kind of floor intentionally installed in their palaces, so that no one could sneak up on them?

1 Like

Nightingale Floors. The planks were apparently steamed and slightly bent to make loud creaking noises.

Imagine how annoying it would be to install a Nightingale Floor in your palace and put up with the racket year after year, only to be stabbed in the fundament by a Ninja hiding down your toilet.

3 Likes

Very impressive. Nice to see something new…Now if he could only fix his squeaky floors.