Door from UFO crashed on roof of Philadelphia home (video)

Who? People who see banged around sheet metal with a rough-edged hole and say this: “It looks exactly like a plane window section,”

4 Likes

Space may be an ocean, but it’s full of CO not H2O, according to the spectrometers that I build for a living.

6 Likes

It’s a custom made door skin made by some tin knocker back in the 60’s or 70’s. Who knows where it actually came from, could have been any basement or garage entry door in that very neighborhood that somebody wanted to reinforce. The wind could have blown it up there but it wasn’t THAT windy in SEPA the last few days. Maybe he owes the contractor who put the dormers over the stone turret. Which to be fair is a perfectly acceptable design, Hell, in the old days they’d put dormers in the turret roof.

2 Likes

[Hugo Junkers has entered the chat]

I don’t know about galvanized and I think rusty can be ruled out, but Junkers built his first models in the mid-1910s from steel.
Alfred Wilm had already invented duralumin a couple of years ago, but at the time it still had undesirable characteristics like flaking when worked in sheet metal form. Also, Junkers already had established a company that made boilers and had workers with a lot of experience in welding thin steel.

3 Likes

Holy rusted metal, Batman! /snark*

To be fair, it does look like someone’s missing a large part of ducting from their heating/cooling system, or someone’s playing a practical joke.

(* I’ve been looking for an excuse to use that line for years…)

4 Likes

Less exciting than Donnie Darko, but there still must be a time traveling teenage terror rabbit somewhere in the area.

2 Likes

tumblr_mwdnrbjvKL1rrkahjo2_250

1 Like

Maybe not an aircraft…

3 Likes

Along similar lines:
“A rose looks exactly like a dandelion.”
“A Ferrari looks exactly like a Model T.”
“Donald Trump looks exactly like Usain Bolt.”

2 Likes

Until they identify where it came from “UFO” is technically correct.

I mean, unless it didn’t come from something flying.

1 Like

To be fair, it doesn’t look like it came up through the roof, so it had to fly for at least a little bit :smiley:

1 Like

Nonsense.

The local teens stole it from the scrapyard and placed it there carefully.

Lousy punk kids!

:wink:

1 Like

that’s got mobile home written all over it - makes you wonder if the twister just ripped the door off or if the rest of the whole shebang is still up there somewhere . . . waiting

4 Likes

Little Green Pranksters.

3 Likes

i gotta go with @Robbo 's take - somone is missing the door to their caravan. or a 1950s single wide mobile home with porthole window. see those all over florida-da.
the thing, itself, is the UFO.

2 Likes

This is what happens if you try and fail to make the Kessel run in 27 parsecs… your ship is destroyed and parts are sprayed over the entire sector

2 Likes

“Yes! And grabbed a patch to cover the hole where the doorknob was and spin-welded it on!”, said Fabian Lima.

It’s probably from reading too much McMansion Hell that I came down so hard on those dormers.

But wow, I had never seen that one, it’s on a whole other level. Thanks for that link!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.