Dow jumps over 11% in largest one-day gain since 1933

Yo-yo economics is nothing to be excited about. A supernova precedes a black hole.

9 Likes

Thanks. For some reason the Hemingway book popped into my head recently and I was wondering where the title came from. I probably did at some point.

2 Likes

All because he said he’d reopen the country in “weeks not months”

It’s more that they know a huge chunk of dumb money is about to be thrown into the market chasing stocks and raising prices, so they buy now, ahead of the rush (so you can profit-take later before the inevitable next crash).

2 Likes

With text:

Traders scooping up what they hope are cheap deals.

6 Likes

Or not.

4 Likes

The curve looks like there should be some differential equation model explaining it.

1 Like

it tumbled from 29k to 21k and thats terrible but then it drops to 18k and comes back up to 21k and now 21k is good? i guess only if you bought at 18k. but if you were in it at 29k you still lost money…

2 Likes

Microsoft met its highest share price in October, November, December. Then the share price kept on going up.

It has now fallen 50 points … and guess what … it is still higher than its highest point from last October which is higher than its history of publicly available stock.

Boeing … not so much. Tesla … yes it is over $500 a share. Apple is still down because of a soft iPad/mac book launch … soft at $250 / share!

They all lost value. But they are still higher than last year except Boeing which was climbing all day.

stock market is crashing
this system makes sense

6 Likes

Still a looong way to go.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.