Trump signed his name to DOW chart when it artificially blipped up. Now look at it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/16/trump-signed-his-name-to-dow-c.html

4 Likes

So much winning!

38 Likes

I don’t think even a competent President would have been able to stave off this particular crash, but since he clearly wants to take credit for the DOW I’m not going to stand in his way.

41 Likes

They were right up until those dastardly dems took the DOW wheel and drove it into a wall. They’ll get’em next time! /s

11 Likes

Just look at those bananas.

1 Like

“We have to shut this president up right now.”

4 Likes

Looks to me like a fragile sea-going craft about to be swamped by a tidal wave…

3 Likes

A rickety homemade barrel-raft about to go over Niagara Falls …

6 Likes

Today’s drop puts the market pretty much back to where it was in Jan 2017.

Remember those HUGE crowds on the Mall? How’s that ROI now trumpicans?

9 Likes

With or without water (not that it matters much)?

3 Likes

It blipped because he finally did something useful and the market acted positively. Maybe if he spent more time during this crisis actually doing useful stuff rather than stroking his own ego we’d see more of these.

But, Trump being Trump just fucked it all up and now we’ve just experienced the third worst market drop in history thanks to his incompetence with no bottom in sight.

Well played, sir.

17 Likes

bagdad-bob

20 Likes
6 Likes

A competent President wouldn’t have spent $1.5 trillion for that tiny blip.

19 Likes

It was those three tiny blips, but yea.

1 Like

#trumpslump

5 Likes

12 Likes

A few years ago, we had an ice storm, and my neighborhood was completely unnavigable. My truck couldn’t even handle the short ramp out of the parking lot, so I had to pack it up and walk the last mile or so back to my apartment. Wouldn’t be a big deal if it wasn’t for the huge, steep hill I had to get up.

As I was trudging home, I kept seeing folks with more balls than brains trying to power up that hill, their mighty 4-wheel-drives taking on an icy 300’ vertical slip-n-slide. I found myself - cold, wet, and bitter - quietly rooting for a catastrophic wipe out. I mean, God forbid anyone get hurt, but I was pretty sure they were idiots and surely due for a little come-uppence. The universe should really have a little bit of justice.

All this to say I once again find myself with mixed feelings about watching bad choices inevitably leading to predictably disastrous results.

15 Likes

That’s just awesome. That should be framed and put above his bed. Maybe a huge, heavy frame secured by chewed bubblegum? Either way, it should be the last thing he sees before going to bed and the first thing he sees when he gets up. Assuming he gets up.

5 Likes

Also worth remembering that Trump has been whining about the Fed’s supposed failure to lower interest rates for months now, contending that his hand-picked Fed chairman wasn’t doing enough to stave off the possibility of a recession before ncov-19 hit. The Fed responded over the weekend by firing off literally all of its interest-rate powder, and we still got a market that plummeted to just about 400 points above where it was when Trump took office.

I wonder how long it will take before Trump is complaining that the Fed was irresponsible to take the action for which he’d been hollering for months.

11 Likes