Trump calls Americans who don't clap for him 'treasonous,' 'Un-American' while stock market drops

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/05/trump-treason.html

6 Likes

56 Likes

Clap harder for Tinpot Tinkerbelle and maybe the market will recover.

23 Likes

Don’t worry, that record won’t last long.

19 Likes

Yeah, I read part of an editorial that was trying to make the point that the dems should have stood and clapped and basically showed respect for the office if not the man and I thought, bullshit. When the man in the office is showing no respect for the office? Nuh-uh.

59 Likes

What a stupid child he is.

18 Likes

Failure to applaud the president is a betrayal of the nation? That’s some “l’êtat, c’est moi” shit, right there.

Perhaps someone should inform the Marmalade Mussolini that kings have been out of fashion here for a couple of hundred years or more, and that presidents have no special right to unconditional deference.

38 Likes

Sounds like he’s trying to usurp the word “American” for himself, as if it were some kind of trademark or brand.

20 Likes

Well it’s only fair. Republicans cheered wildly when Obama spoke, right? Out of respect for the office, right?

63 Likes

Wait, aren’t we supposed to be CHILLED and TERRIFIED over this checklist item on the ROAD TO AUTHORITARIANISM?

At this point, Trump is writing dialog for the movies they’ll write about his rise and fall.

I’ll let one of my senators speak my feelings:

46 Likes

Trump, who is under investigation for various crimes involving America’s government and Russia, made a weird comment about treason. It’s almost like the kind of crazy thing a person who has behaved treasonously might do, but what do I know.

It’s an old KGB trick, accuse them of exactly what you are doing.

24 Likes

If this be treason let’s make the most of it!

Will the Last one with some common sense slam the door on the way out.

Save qui peut.

4 Likes

Man, the Repub projection is real…

Next thing you know he’ll be arguing that Hillary loves to make Russian Pee videos…

6 Likes

Treason, et tu Ryan?

DVTl4mtU8AAYXMx

$100.00 says he was thinking about Russia at that very moment.

20 Likes

My guess is that Trump has never watched a State of the Union speech. He has no idea how they work.

10 Likes

“I am the state.”

5 Likes

Give the baby his bottle.

babyZach-Galifianakis-tiny-hands-clapping-wig-13546577360imageimageimage

8 Likes

“YOU LIE!!!”

(Writing this because the comments system doesn’t understand a complete sentence can consist of a noun and a verb…)

15 Likes

From another thread (Watch the first episode of 'Our Cartoon President' for free)

IL_Douche

16 Likes

21 Likes