Trump can't stop lying about Cuba, or threatening the truth-tellers who expose him

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/30/trump-cant-stop-lying-about.html

10 Likes

So, we have one candidate who’s been investigated numerous times, but has not been found to do anything necessarily illegal, and we have the other who’s been shown to be acting illegally all the time.

Why is trump even allowed to run? Shouldn’t he be running from prison?

50 Likes

The fact that every week there seems to be a new embarrassment for Trump (including things that are clearly illegal), and yet his core support remains, keeping him within a few percentage points of Clinton, is clear evidence of just how partisan the GOP has become. The party that claimed to have a monopoly on morals, and to be the party of law and order now doesn’t care about either. I give credit to the Republicans who stand up and say “no, this is not acceptable, I will not vote for this man.” I may disagree with them on politics, but at least they aren’t angry, drooling troglodytes like the mass of Trump supporters.

40 Likes

For Trump’s voters, all is forgivable in pursuit of profits.

15 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder how long Trump will be able to avoid bankrupcy and/or prison after the election. Might be becoming President was the only way left for him.

12 Likes

Screenplay!

6 Likes

Trump can’t stop lying about Cuba, or threatening the truth-tellers who expose him.
I think that pretty much covers everything.

Bankruptcy, maybe (though he has gotten really good at skimming money off of businesses), but since his crimes are all white-collar, they’re the sorts of things that only result in him paying fines.

12 Likes

And mysteriously! Through some utter coincidence! shortly after publishing this article Newsweek became the subject of a massive DDOS.

22 Likes

Trunk says what he must, when he must to steer a “positive,” however, most steering is guided lying, and positive(?) lying IS possible: Yer daft! Yes, we all lie, but constantly? I don’t. I lie when it counts: anniversary of my first divorce in year five after hits hard, I drink too much, so next day, I’m sick for work. Lie? Yes. Steering? Yes. My immune system may be compromised in the eyes of my employer, BUT, I get a “mental-health” day paid, period. Diabolical lying? Nah. Human function, really.

POTUS Obama isn’t a citizen? For years and years? Diabolical.

Smearing a former employee EVER? Diabolical. AND PROSECUTABLE.

Trunk is daft.

4 Likes
1 Like

Profit numbs the feeling.

4 Likes

Profit isn’t everything, no?

And this is the only country that does not define this kind of crime as treason.

3 Likes

[quote=“some_guy, post:3, topic:86588”]The fact that every week there seems to be a new embarrassment for Trump (including things that are clearly illegal), and yet his core support remains, keeping him within a few percentage points of Clinton, is clear evidence of just how partisan the GOP has become.[/quote]I’d like to believe that everything has been carefully constructed by the media simply because if Clinton was running away with the election, people would [GASP!] stop watching.

5 Likes

One unfortunate reality of all these revelations of illegal activity by Trump is that the current administration can’t really even prosecute or investigate, because it will be seen as politically motivated. Hmm, maybe this was Trump’s plan all along? A novel way of getting away with crime? Nah. He’s not THAT smart.

5 Likes

Wow, you are subtext when it comes to view…

Prosecute anyway.

Law above politics, America.

What kind of society do you wish to inhabit? Corruptville? Fuck that. Be the change you want to see in the world, Mr. G.

P.S. Assassinated? That should tell you something…

P.P.S. I have layers here: Gandhi, assassination to change politics, corruption, shit, you need your rubbers here…

6 Likes

That tactics worked for Berlusconi for a long time.

8 Likes

Juries have limited attention spans. So if the financial crimes are complicated and hard to understand he’d likely get off. And a 12,000 page tax income return every year pretty much ensures that will be the case.

2 Likes

IT"S JSUT BIZINESS AND YOU ARE A JEALUS PERSEN!!11!!

<Hats!>

7 Likes