Trump calls Americans who don't clap for him 'treasonous,' 'Un-American' while stock market drops

No way!

1 Like

Two things that go together:

Trump and the clap.

11 Likes

Oh please, the stock market was raging like a bull and it had nothing to do with Trump, but now it corrects and it’s his fault. This obsession with everything is Trump’s fault is not genuine dissent and it’s not useful to the conversation, he is a symptom of a greater problem.

3 Likes

Glorious orange leader has had people executed for treason for failure to clap during his speeches. Oh, wait, that was in North Korea. I’d hope we’d aspire to higher standards. Looks like I get to be disappointed yet again.

7 Likes

It’s totally different. That wasn’t a State of the Union address. So, therefore, um…

Uh…

2 Likes

So what does that make that dude who shouted “YOU LIE!” that one time?

(Oh, that was to Obama. Probably doesn’t count.)

5 Likes

treason seems to be in the air.

He who smelt it, dealt it.

(and yeah, naturalnews is shadier than breitbart.)

5 Likes

Ugh, closet Scientologist and general quack kook Mike Adams.

3 Likes

I think that it’s only his fault because he has recently boasted that the outstanding performance of the stock market is all thanks to him, so the precipitous record-breaking single day loss must also be attributed to him.

24 Likes

When I first read about this, my reaction was, “Of course.” I’ve been waiting for Cheeto Mussolini to say something like this since he took office. As he feels more beleaguered, I’m sure he’ll double down on the idea. He’s all projection, after all.

He never aspired to be president - he wanted to be king. That’s constantly reinforced by almost everything he says.

Or, in this case, a child’s rhetorical technique. “You’re the puppet!” Doesn’t have to make any sense, it’s just reflexive projection/deflection.

It doesn’t mean much to hit an all-time low when you’re still in free-fall, after all.

Not only has Trump been taking credit for the stock market, he’s made it a central pillar of his accomplishments. It is, of course, absurd. Crediting him with the stock market fall points out that absurdity.

25 Likes

It’s only treason if it’s during a State of the Union speech. I thought everyone knew that.

2 Likes

^This. I hate being disrespectful to the President. But currently the guy in the office is being disrespectful to the position. So, I don’t mind being disrespectful to that disrespectful guy.

6 Likes

But how does she really feel about him?

I refer you to Tammy Duckworth’s tweet -
“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/960609070075076611 …”

22 Likes

dRmpf took credit more than 50 times for the stock market’s rise over the past year, including in the SOTU speech. Ergo - he gets credit when it fails.

14 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkUWKdb1wQ

5 Likes

Fixed your article for you…

1 Like

Forget the KGB. It’s older than Freud, who popularised the idea of psychological projection.

8 Likes

“Traitorous” and “Un-American”? For opposing HIM? He really is getting senile, because I can remember when HE did nothing but shit on Obama for EIGHT years, and he actively contested not only Obama’s legitimacy, but his citizenship. Face it, Republicans, you’ve been conned by an authoritarian despot, who isn’t even a Republican. Grow some balls and get rid of him.

21 Likes
1 Like