Dozens of woman now accuse prominent Columbia University Ob-Gyn of sexual assault

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/dozens-of-woman-now-accuse-pro.html

2 Likes

Good example of why people should report hard to prove offenses. Other victims may come forward and support your case.

8 Likes

I cannot even go with a snarky response. People in my field who betray their professional responsibilities not only make everyone else’s jobs harder, they feed the increasing mistrust of medicine, and science more broadly. Also, this guy is a fucking asshole who needs to be strung up by his balls.

47 Likes

I only hope if something like this happened to me, I would have the guts to report it.

6 Likes

WTF? That is bullshit.

16 Likes

No, this is money and connections. White men in “respectable” professions don’t get appropriately punished when they hurt other people because their targets are nearly always women and children. Neither women nor children are considered fully “human” in patriarchal systems.

34 Likes

Famed Columbia University Ob-Gyn Dr. Robert Hadden

I’ve never heard of the guy.

OK, who are the three biggest names you know in Ob-Gyn?

OK, fair enough.

4 Likes

Maria Butina had a plea deal, but the Yanks slammed her with an extra 9 months. Was Dr. Hadden’s plea deal more ironclad somehow? (Maria would still be rotting in a shithole country dungeon if she hadn’t done the plea deal.)

1 Like

30 Likes

Since we’re talking about oppression of women, how about we stop contributing to it by being ignorant of female anatomy? Dr. Disgusting here licked the vulva of those women, not the vagina. I guarantee you everyone can name all the parts of male genitalia, yet the most basic of womens’ remains at sub-grade school level.

15 Likes

Does he still get to call himself “Doctor” Hadden now that he’s surrendered his license to practice medicine?

3 Likes

Since “Doctor” is technically an academic degree, and he has not been stripped of his MD (not certain that is possible unless he obtained it fraudulently) yes, he can. But without a license to practice he can’t do a lot with it. He could teach, I guess, if someone had low enough standards to hire him?

10 Likes

You didn’t think before writing that, did you?

5 Likes

Yeah, prominent white dudes have a tendency to land on our feet. I know. I have to keep hoping that will change.

9 Likes

To connect the dots, this kills people. Someone who was assaulted is less likely to see a doctor, regularly or at all.

13 Likes

And women who read this story may avoid going to the doctor out of (unfortunately legitimate) fear of being assaulted. This happens with alarming frequency.

12 Likes

Pill mills catering to the oxy trade might hire him.

2 Likes

Other than that specific part of your comment, I agree with you; sadly, there seem to be plenty of raging misogynists and morons in general who have no clue about any part of human anatomy.

9 Likes

That’s science, and science = bad. /smh

6 Likes

True. I figure everyone could identify a penis or scrotum, how many could an epididymis or spermatic cord? Nope.

7 Likes