Dr. Drew ignorantly asks, "how would you feel if international travel also required other vaccinations?"

I am fortunate that I have a “family doctor” who is a professor …every visit to him I see a student first, then he comes in. There are a lot of similar incidents, although he is a gentle soul so it’s s wry smile and a deliberate intake of breath . :grin:

3 Likes

I just want to clarify that I’m not referring to the quality of foreign nationals as doctors, rather I was referring to US students who couldn’t get into top domestic med schools going to lower tier schools.

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible that the problems your local hospital faces is entirely locally made, since so much of our health care system is for-profit, and been a general part of the abandonment of our public infrastructure rather than down to the individuals who happen to staff it?

10 Likes

It’s a publicly managed and operated hospital, but it does still have its own profit motives and financial considerations. I agree that it’s definitely a symptom of the failed US [lack of] healthcare system.

I do so very much look forward to hearing that “Dr.” Drew has been hit by an asteroid.

2 Likes

The right looted the corpse, and created groups like The Straights, and after that was shut down for quite a few deaths and other problems, it spawned off all kinds of tough love, boot camp, conversion therapy groups. As one racks up too many kills, it shuts down and another pops up.

6 Likes

I’ve been in recovery for 15 years. I just want to clarify one thing you said. Narcanon is absolutely associated with Scientology. AA is not. Neither is Narcotics Anonymous (NA). People sometimes conflate Narcanon and NA. They have no connection at all. Scientology chose that name to confuse people.

9 Likes

83 posts were split to a new topic: The Frictionless Incline of Vaccine Passports

Absolutely correct, and thanks for the clarification. I should have been more specific: they’re all pseudoscience and/or religion based, not all scientology based. I can see how that wasn’t clear from the way I said it/grouped them together.

4 Likes

I can only WISH some of them would wear muzzles. Ball gags would work too

2 Likes

Poor administration can undermine the best doctors. Obnoxious billing, lack of sufficient staffing, overworked doctors…

4 Likes

26 countries have to let me in.
EU citizens – meaning the citizens of every EU member state – are free to travel in all other member states.

7 Likes

I had to carry a shot record “passport” in the Army while traveling overseas. Seems too many Americans are paranoid and looking to be outraged these days. Sad times.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Frictionless Incline of Vaccine Passports

Well there’s no requirements for travel to the US per se, but to get an immigrant visa…

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa.

• Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella
3 Likes

WTAF?!? Of all the fields, I think medicine should be graded based on criterion-referenced standards, not on a curve that compares them to other students.
I don’t give one shit how they compare to anyone else, I want to know they’ve met the criteria to safely and responsibly do the job.
Do all Med schools grade on a curve? :grimacing:

ETA: phew. Kept reading. Thanks, @docosc for the reassurance that this is not always the case.

5 Likes

Damn. He hasn’t changed much.

7 Likes

Limited historical knowledge on my part: as a graduate student, took a biochemistry class that used to also be part of the required medical student syllabus that was graded on a curve. I don’t know if any other courses besides this one was on a curve, or if it’s still on a curve, as this was in the early nineties.

1 Like

Yes, can’t think of a field that doesn’t contain assholes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.