Dr. Drew ignorantly asks, "how would you feel if international travel also required other vaccinations?"

Originally published at: Dr. Drew ignorantly asks, "how would you feel if international travel also required other vaccinations?" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

How would I feel? I’d feel a lot safer.

79 Likes

Dang. You beat me to it.

20 Likes

Does he mean like was required for international travel until the 70s when we beat those diseases into the ground?

58 Likes

If people had to get vaccinated against contagious disease before traveling overseas then European people would have had a much more difficult time colonizing the Americas.

54 Likes

What kind of person makes all that fucking money and then never travels abroad?

There’s one, typhus I think, that always knocks me on my ass. Alas I haven’t had the opportunity to get knocked on my ass in many years.

22 Likes

Yeah, I don’t recall more than a half million Americans being killed by asteroids last year, so kind of easy to write Drew off completely as a credible source of info on Covid.

I like how some folks pointed out that to immigrate to the US there is a panel of required, not “recommended”, vaccinations. Drew is an ignorant hypocrite who may have helped gotten people killed with his misinformation.

47 Likes

I could use a good ass kicking, I’ll be very honest with you

10 Likes

If the purpose of this article is to demonstrate how dumb Dr. Drew is, and he definitely is, I would suggest not ending it with a sentence that starts with “in case your wondering”.

21 Likes

Pretty much sums it up:

61 Likes

It constantly amazes me what rich people do with their money. It seems like ordinary people have so many dreams for what they could do if only they could afford it…and then with rare exceptions the people who actually can afford it never do any of it.

25 Likes

Ouch. Too soon.

8 Likes

Last time I checked Dr. Drew was not listened to by much of anyone, much like Dr. Phil.

2 Likes

did he never finish medical school? he was a med student when he first appeared on Loveline back in 1983.

2 Likes

images

11 Likes

Sorry Got my ignorant Drs. mixed up. I prefer Tony Fauchi

2 Likes

That’s just not true. Millions of rubes listen to them and take their word as gospel every day. Especially less well off folks who can’t afford to checked for stds (one of Drew’s specialties is sexual health) and psychology/psychiatric services.

It’s really unfortunate and celebrity doctors spending all their time selling shit just does not happen in civilized countries with universal healthcare. Because even if you’re poor there, you can go to the doctor’s if you have an issue.

19 Likes

As a nurse, with very strict practice and conduct guidelines, I think it’s appalling that you can be a doctor and spout pseudoscientific bullshit without consequences, even when you’re clearly contributing to, and profiting from a public health emergency. Nurses can and do lose their jobs for spouting bullshit in public, and lose their licensure if they do things that put their patients in danger… I would be in favor of a law requiring all health care professionals to behave in the best interest of the public, including not spreading misinformation, or face sanctions against their license. I’d extend that to all professionals who interact with the public in ways that can influence the public’s health and safety. It’s pretty disgusting that your hairdresser has higher training, licensure and conduct requirements than your local police officer. Public service should mean serving the public.

39 Likes

I don’t know, thought it was pretty on brand for the good doctor and his ilk. Why would he want to go to a shit hole country where a vaccine is recommended?

10 Likes

As Mom [life long RN] always said: “Without Nurses, no Doctors” that’s the system. She made a few Dr.'s cry, I saw it.

24 Likes